• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 548
Total: 548

Slow today

Started by LizStreithorst, December 02, 2012, 02:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm used to slow.  I have satalite.  But every other forum is not slower than usual.  I rebooted and it didn't help.  Is there a reason for this or is it something on my end?  This is as bad as dial-up.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

LOL...got birds sitting on your dish??...hehe
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

It's most likely something in the middle.  I've been working on-line since around 2:00PM and have noticed some sites being slower than others....  an Internet bottleneck somewhere   :-\

Dennis

Mugwump

Plus it's NFL Sunday.....guys and gals getting the games/scores etc..on line...lots of traffic..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

My theory is that everyone using the satalite is on line Christmas shopping.  I don't know why this place is slower than every other place.  It is very frustrating.  Oh well, it is what it is....

Mugwump

perhaps a re boot would help??..clear your cookies,etc....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I just re-booted.  It didn't help.  I deleted cookies not long ago.  I'll see if I can remember how I did it so I can do it again.  I'm hoping that the problem will heal itself.  I have faith that it will.

Frank The Plumber

They are giving priority to the credit card machines, everything that is not pulling in the cash is slower.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?