• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 492
Total: 493

unread post links, what's going on?

Started by BillT, November 06, 2012, 01:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

Normally when I go the forum, I click either the "Show unread posts since last visit" or the "Show new replies to your posts" links, usually the first.
If I go through and look at all the posts after clicking the second one, the lists of posts goes away but the green bar has something else I can click: "No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics." this frequently then shows me more posts I had not seen.
I can't say I understand this, but it might have something to do with having more than one tab open to the forum and keeping one open for extended periods (like days).
Any thoughts on this?

Mugwump

Well, one is for replies to 'your' posts...the other has all replies to 'everyone's' posts...after seeing all the replies to yours..it's just giving you the option to view the rest....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Maybe I was not all that clear Mug.

When I click "Show unread posts since last visit" and go through all those so there are non-left, if I click the "Show unread posts since last visit" again I get no posts listed but get the green bar thing which when clicked reveals more posts Ii have not seen.

Mugwump

Ah, those are the ones that were missed before.....if you don't mark em as read, they keep coming up ...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson