• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:01:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 532
Total: 533

How to post big pictures

Started by BillT, October 28, 2012, 11:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

I know there is some trick to posting big pictures which I am not aware of because I see other people's large pictures. My pictures are limited by the 128 kB limit.

What am I missing?

BallAquatics

The site will only allow up to 128kB attachments.  Files larger than that need to be hosted at another site and then linked to your post.  The image below is hosted @ http://www.ballaquatics.com/images/blue_marble_001.jpg and linked to this post.  I try to keep my images around 40kB in size so they will load quickly.  For example, this crayfish image is 49.48kB.  I use the GNU Image Manipulation Program, GIMP, to scale and optimize my images http://www.gimp.org/

Dennis

Mugwump

Photobucket works too...and similar sites....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Nice picture Dennis. Reminds me of when I used to work on crayfish leg regeneration.

I think I will look into photobucket.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on October 28, 2012, 11:29:10 PM
I know there is some trick to posting big pictures which I am not aware of because I see other people's large pictures. My pictures are limited by the 128 kB limit.

What am I missing?

Also, when you upload a pic from your computer, it will enlarge when clicked....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Mine don't enlarge much even though they are larger than Dennis's crayfish. Maybe its a dpi setting. I think I used 72 dpi which I figure is a computer screen standard.
I usually do these adjustments in photoshop.

I got a photobucket account, but have only had a little time to test it so far.

How does one get an image from photobucket to the forum, the insert image button?

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on November 01, 2012, 08:04:31 PM
Mine don't enlarge much even though they are larger than Dennis's crayfish. Maybe its a dpi setting. I think I used 72 dpi which I figure is a computer screen standard.
I usually do these adjustments in photoshop.

I got a photobucket account, but have only had a little time to test it so far.

How does one get an image from photobucket to the forum, the insert image button?

Yep.....the 1st one
Jon

Frank The Plumber

When I am at the photo bucket account I copy image, I move to the forum and I click the first icon ( insert image) and I see no where that it says to post image. If I right click I get {IMG}{IMG}, when I left click I get copy image. What am I doing wrong here?
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

BallAquatics

Hey Frank the [img][/img] tags are for inserting the link to your images.....

[img]http://www.ballaquatics.com/images/blue_marble_001.jpg[/img]

Just paste the URL to your image between the first [img] and the second [/img]

When you right click on the button, you browser is asking if you want to copy the button image which would be.....

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/Themes/Curve_Multi_Color/images/bbc/img.gif

or this using the img tags >>> 

Dennis

Frank The Plumber

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

BallAquatics

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on November 05, 2012, 04:14:53 PM

It's missing the leading bracket on the second img tag.....

..... well I guess there's no image at that URL?

Dennis

Frank The Plumber

It cuts the tags off.

BallAquatics

What's the URL for the image Frank, I'll see if I can figure it out??

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Frank...be a better shot at hitting the middle of the img brackets....LOL
Jon