• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 03:30:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 525
Total: 525

Tues rain'n coffee...

Started by Mugwump, September 08, 2015, 07:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..coffee's great, and it's pouring our there right now.....a few boomers too.....good, we need the rain...

..lots of fish room putz'n today...we'll start preparing for the GCCA swap coming up this Sunday.....clean the tanks up and sort, re-stock our supply boxes...really looking forward to seeing the swap crowd again.... |^|

boom boom boom.....I suddenly have a lot of animal friends sitting here with me.....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

We had heavy rain, lightning and thunder pass through. Power was out for a few minutes. It's just sprinkling out there now. More thunderstorms are on their way though.

If I feel like starting today I'm going to tackle closets and drawers that have accumulated stuff that's been all but forgotten about. Especially want to get warm clothing out that can be donated to homeless shelters.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Coffee is great. Got a late start this morning because I finished my water changes late last night. I prefer to do the WCs early. The earlier the better for me. Today I will relocate the fish in the display tank then begin tearing that sucker down. It is going to need a big time cleanup. ???

Another heatwave on tap over the next few days before we change to some more seasonal weather. Last year we had one day over 90 degrees. This year we've already had 17 with some more to go. Not Florida weather but a lot of hot days for this place. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

Coffee is good. We're ready for the swap. All new food with my Pro-9 ingredient is ready to go. Have some pre-sales.

Mugwump

The boomers are still moving through here on/off.......pot #3 now, just putz'n in the fish room.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Wish I'd get a boomer down here.  Everything growing is getting crisp.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Long day today. Had a leaker (dripper) and had to break down that 46BF display tank. What a mess dealing with overgrown algae and sand. Got the occupants of both tanks into a new 55g for the time being. The BF is in the garage waiting on a good scrubbing and the 30 gallon "dripper" is in limbo for the time being. I am thinking about selling the BF because I don't like the distorted view of my fish any longer. :-\
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 08, 2015, 07:48:09 PM
Long day today. Had a leaker (dripper) and had to break down that 46BF display tank. What a mess dealing with overgrown algae and sand. Got the occupants of both tanks into a new 55g for the time being. The BF is in the garage waiting on a good scrubbing and the 30 gallon "dripper" is in limbo for the time being. I am thinking about selling the BF because I don't like the distorted view of my fish any longer. :-\

I hate drippers.....mostly because they don't do it all the time.....usually only when you get carried away and over fill 'em....then they find a frame seam and 'wick' leak......
Jon