• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 08:19:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 541
Total: 542

Labor Day monday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, September 07, 2015, 03:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..what a great cup of coffee....MMMmmm.....cooler today here, big boomers later... |^|....water changes and putz'n on tap here....then just chill'n

we've been up for awhile..so likely a nap later too  ;D   seems we had some restless demons prowling the house last night...the bozos are sleeping now, of course..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 07, 2015, 03:58:06 AM
..what a great cup of coffee....MMMmmm.....cooler today here, big boomers later... |^|....water changes and putz'n on tap here....then just chill'n

we've been up for awhile..so likely a nap later too  ;D   seems we had some restless demons prowling the house last night...the bozos are sleeping now, of course..... huh

Labor Day coffee is very good here today too. Haven't decided if I am going down to DC today. There's going to be way too much traffic so I will probably pass. :-\

If so, W/Cs on tap and I will start relocating fish out of the 46BF in the family room. Only 6 Angels to move but there are cory's, BNs and they will be the hard ones to catch. There is also a little matter of 50 pounds of sand to get out of there too. ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 07, 2015, 05:27:41 AM

Labor Day coffee is very good here today too. Haven't decided if I am going down to DC today. There's going to be way too much traffic so I will probably pass. :-\

If so, W/Cs on tap and I will start relocating fish out of the 46BF in the family room. Only 6 Angels to move but there are cory's, BNs and they will be the hard ones to catch. There is also a little matter of 50 pounds of sand to get out of there too. ???

Pot #2......we're staying around home today....way too much traffic to mess with out there....

That's a lot of sand !!.....but once you get the water level down you can catch the cories/BN much easier....I hope you have someone to help you get that thing downstairs??....don't hurt yourself....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 07, 2015, 05:35:58 AM

Pot #2......we're staying around home today....way too much traffic to mess with out there....

That's a lot of sand !!.....but once you get the water level down you can catch the cories/BN much easier....I hope you have someone to help you get that thing downstairs??....don't hurt yourself....

I have a system. I slide it down  the stairs on a piece of carpet. The stairs have a landing half way down so i get a chance to pause and regroup if necessary. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 07, 2015, 05:40:46 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 07, 2015, 05:35:58 AM

I have a system. I slide it down  the stairs on a piece of carpet. The stairs have a landing half way down so i get a chance to pause and regroup if necessary. ;D

...you need a 'dolly'......and a friendly neighborhood teenager... |^|   be careful, my friend....
Jon

BallAquatics

Another scorcher here today.  I did get a few tanks cleaned and set back up yesterday.  Probably wait till next week to do the rest..... forecast to be in the 70's next week, finally some nice fall weather!  If it will just stay like that for a couple of months.....

Dennis

PaulineMi

It is sooo hot and humid.  ???  We cut our morning bike ride short. It felt like pedaling was more effort than it was worth. Looks like a storm is on its way here now.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

GraphicGr8s

Raining this morning. Went out around 2 to till the garden and cut the yard. Started to cut the front while the roommate aka wife picked up the debris in the garden area. After I got the front cut I tilled first east/west then north/south. Finished it in the drizzle. Then cut the back. My back said bye bye. I am paying for it now.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 07, 2015, 07:41:22 PM
Raining this morning. Went out around 2 to till the garden and cut the yard. Started to cut the front while the roommate aka wife picked up the debris in the garden area. After I got the front cut I tilled first east/west then north/south. Finished it in the drizzle. Then cut the back. My back said bye bye. I am paying for it now.

...the damp weather didn't do you any favors either I'll bet.......days like that a good tub soak helps....even bet if ya got those Jacuzzi jets, etc... |^|
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on September 07, 2015, 07:46:31 PM

...the damp weather didn't do you any favors either I'll bet.......days like that a good tub soak helps....even bet if ya got those Jacuzzi jets, etc... |^|

Nothing really helps anymore. I've got degenerative disc disease. Some days are just less painful than others anymore. So far though I've not been relegated to narcotics. I just deal with it. I seem to have a high tolerance for pain. Heck I was only on morphine for one day with the shoulder surgery. And I've discovered vicodine, even the ES taking two at a time doesn't even take the edge off.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 08, 2015, 07:45:18 AM

Nothing really helps anymore. I've got degenerative disc disease. Some days are just less painful than others anymore. So far though I've not been relegated to narcotics. I just deal with it. I seem to have a high tolerance for pain. Heck I was only on morphine for one day with the shoulder surgery. And I've discovered vicodine, even the ES taking two at a time doesn't even take the edge off.

Vicodin ??.....just don't start taking them like 'House'.....LOL
Jon

PaulineMi

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 08, 2015, 07:45:18 AM

Have you tried the facet joint injections and checked into the rhizotomy procedures? I have degenerative disc disease in addition to a bunch of other spine things with names I can barely pronounce. I won't do narcotics or surgery either. My pain clinic doc is a great guy (saltwater tank person :) )who supports my decisions. Also I visit with Chris the physical therapist once or twice a year and Laurie the massage therapist ocassionally. PT and massage are mostly soothing rather than healing.

I too have a high pain tolerance but can understand what you mean about some days are just less painful than others. I think Ron Sower is in the same boat. Anything that will lessen the discomfort or help with understanding it rates a  |^| for me.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

GraphicGr8s

Pauline, my next appointment with the arthritis doc is in Dec. I am going to have to talk to him about the options. I still have to contend with a five year old who is active.