• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 06:46:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 788
Total: 788

What's on tap....

Started by Mugwump, June 20, 2014, 08:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...this weekend folks?? We'll scout a few garage sales, I'll mow the backyard, cook on the 'barby', and I think we just might be able to run down towards Ed/Mary's place..??....water changes..yada yada..

What's on your agenda? .....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Anniversary here. Making Tina her favorite meal,Lobster on the grill

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on June 20, 2014, 11:51:47 PM
Anniversary here. Making Tina her favorite meal,Lobster on the grill

Happy Anniversary...Lobster sounds good...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Packing up for a day of softball tournamenting with the g'daughter. Hopefully it'll be warm there for us today. It's sunny now and looks like it will be.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Going to a fish meeting on the capital beltway. The Capital Cichlid Assoc.  (CCA) Hopefully will meet some new contacts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 21, 2014, 12:34:25 PM
Going to a fish meeting on the capital beltway. The Capital Cichlid Assoc.  (CCA) Hopefully will meet some new contacts.

Excellent.......that's one of the oldest clubs in the states, I believe...??..or am I thinking of the one in Jersey???..... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

You are correct. I have my sights on a nice veil plat at the auction as well as some black cories. Lol

Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 21, 2014, 01:08:40 PM
You are correct. I have my sights on a nice veil plat at the auction as well as some black cories. Lol

I see many more tanks in your future..... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 21, 2014, 01:40:35 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on June 21, 2014, 01:08:40 PM

I see many more tanks in your future..... ;D

Pretty nice meeting.  I won the first prize in the raffle (assorted fish food etc..) and scored the Black Cories (C. Shultzei). Passed up on the plat as the prize rose too high.  My plats look better but I was looking at him as an outcross for my plats. Later in the year they are doing a Box Swap with GCCA.  That will be an interesting swap. Today they did a Box Swap with Milwaukee.
Willie

b125killer

Nice Willie, I like the black  Black Cories.
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on June 21, 2014, 07:35:07 PM

Thanks Scott. I got a big female and 2 males.  They are a 5 gallon quarantine tank right now.  They are a little quiet tonight.  It was a 1.5 hour drive home lol.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 21, 2014, 07:51:54 PM
Quote from: b125killer on June 21, 2014, 07:35:07 PM

Thanks Scott. I got a big female and 2 males.  They are a 5 gallon quarantine tank right now.  They are a little quiet tonight.  It was a 1.5 hour drive home lol.  ;D ;D ;D

These guys will not eat while I'm looking at them but the food is slowly disappearing and they are moving about. ::)  I may have to go to the LFS and get a small batch of black worms to see if they get a rise out of those. 8) My other cories are just so greedy so I was expecting a similar reaction. ;D

Willie

Mugwump

Geez Louise.....don't spoil em with worms, it's only been a day......toss some #40 in there....they'll chow.........LOL  ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 23, 2014, 05:38:52 PM
Geez Louise.....don't spoil em with worms, it's only been a day......toss some #40 in there....they'll chow.........LOL  ;D

You're right.  I threw a few #40 in there and I only see one left, lol.   ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 23, 2014, 06:06:55 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 23, 2014, 05:38:52 PM

You're right.  I threw a few #40 in there and I only see one left, lol.   ;D ;D ;D

My cory pods get #40 first thing every morning....all you see is tails in the air.... ;D
Jon