• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:20:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 587
Total: 587

Chloe's hair cut

Started by LizStreithorst, November 21, 2013, 03:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

When I first got Chloe at age 4 she had been shaved naked for her entire life.  I've been growing her out ever since.  Her hair almost touched the floor.  But it was not a good coat.  It did not lay flat like a correct Lhasa Apso coat should.  It was all poofy despite all the products I tried.  I could no longer see her reach and stride when she moved because her hair didn't flow as she moved, it bounced.  I finally gave up and clipped her today.  3 1/2 years of weekly baths and brush outs gone in an instant.  Thank God I'm pleased with the results. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

She's as cute as a button Liz!

Dennis

PaulineMi

Liz you are an artist. Not a clipper mark on Chloe.  And she is such a cutie.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Fine job Liz. She is a good looking young lady
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

Quote from: JR on November 22, 2013, 01:05:19 PM
Fine job Liz. She is a good looking young lady

Thanks.  She is 7 1/2 years old so what she is is a handsome middle aged lady. 

I have been advised by the owner of my Lhasa Apso forum to grow her out again.  She says that if I do as she says that if I do as she says that I can tame her hair, that she sees terrible coats that have been tamed in the show ring.  But I'm not going to do it.  I just cut off almost 2 years of hair growth.  I don't want Chole to have to bother with that much coat and it's maintenance when she's 9 years old.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Good for you Liz.  Dogs are meant to romp and play, not be paraded around in a ring.

Dennis

Barb

She sure is pretty!  I love her coat that way,
Barb

b125killer

You did a great job Liz. She is so cute. 
Scott