• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:55:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 756
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 748
Total: 748

Monday Morning

Started by wsantia1, October 30, 2023, 05:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well today. It looks like the fall weather is finally going to kick into high gear here. Currently it is 56 degrees and we will get up to 78 this afternoon but it will be cloudy with showers throughout the day as the colder air moves in from the northwest.

I must say that I have been making some visible progress with the fishroom cleanup even if I am moving a bit slower. I can move a lot faster but that's how I end up reinjuring myself. It never fails.

I now have a bunch of tanks with no fish but I still have some of them running with sponge filters and I am considering using the water in the 55s for water changes. I need to sterilize them first.

It's time to get my moving so I wish you all a great day and I'll check on you all later. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Willie.

Unlike you, I have more tanks with fish that sitting bare.  I plan on quitting breeding rams after my current batches are gone.  I am saving one pair, just in case.  I fianlly understand that in December, I will be 73 and becoming less and less "able" as time goes on.

I did feel better yesterday.  I was finally able to eat.  In addition to a bottle of Ensure I had half a bowl of oat meal and later, a bowl of chicken soup.  I've had my Ensure this morning and later want to see if my tummy can handle a bown of split pea and ham soup.

I'm supposed to send my $1000 guy 5 breeding pairs of rams today, but I warned him that I've been ill and I may not have it in me to bag, pack and ship.  I know I could do it today, but I'd feel better waiting until tomorrow.  I'll let him know.

I want to make an appointment at the Dr.  Hope they can take me today.  I want them to do blood work, mostly to check on my liver function.  I worry about it because I've been a pretty heavy drinker for most of my life, and now I'm on all thses pain drugs.  Everything is detoxified in the liver, so I know that mine has had it's hands full.

I reason for this illness occured to me yesterday.  My symptoms were similar but not nearly as bad as when I ran out of Gabapenitn for 6 days and I went through withdrawal.  I haven't run out of any drugs this time, I was able to cut my Oxycodone use in half.  I wonder if cutting the dose in half was able to put me into a mild withdrawal.  I went back on the full dose  few days ago, because feeling bad made all my pain worse.  Since I started back on the full dose, Ive started feeling better.  I'll kick my own ass if it turns out I put myself through so much misery for nothing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie and Liz,

Cousins from Wenatchee arrived Friday on time and we went up to Canyon Lake on a tour boat ride yesterday. On the way home we decided to drive to Sedona last night for a two day visit. This is their first trip to AZ. So when we got home I pulled up my Hilton Honors points and booked a 2 bedroom sweet at our favorite place there, The Summit. We packed quickly, I fed anll the fish, reversed engines and headed out again. Of course, all Teena and Brad had to do was, literally, close their suitcases!

It's going to be a nice day here. Temperature will get to 66. It's 47 right now. Sunny. Light breeze.

Liz, I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. And Willie, you're smart not to overdo. Hope to see you here later, Barb. Just don't hurt yourself working that garden.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron