• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 08:38:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 752
Total: 753

Friday coffee

Started by Mugwump, April 07, 2017, 06:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...what great coffee this morn'n...... |brr|33deg's now...we will hit mid 50's later...then 70's over the weekend  |^|....

...putz'n and errands around here for us.....just taking the day as it comes.....

..now back to more coffee... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great. It feels like a brisk Autumn day out here. There are plenty of clouds still around and we won't even get to 50 today. huh

Need to get some things done around here and drag some stuff down to storage. Need to do water changes too. I like to do water changes in the morning to get them out of the way but today I may join the ranks of the evening/night water changers. huh

So many things to do and so little time. I was supposed to go to DC today but my friend asked for a rain check. Thank goodness because I didn't want to be the one to cancel like I usually do. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pot #2.....and delicious..... |^|

..looks like on Sunday we'll have the deck swing going.... |^|.....and it will be enjoyable... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...78 now and 91 by the end of the day...beautifully sunny outside now but a few clouds coming in...no rain forecasted...woohoo...another POOL DAY...

...coffee was good today...although it was decaf...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

I finally got rained out of working on the stressful construction site. Going to spend the day fooling around with the fish.

And the chimney which needs cleaning. Climbing up on the rooftop with its 12-12 pitch uses muscles that haven't been used... since the last time I got sore as hell from cleaning the chimney. There is a wire brush-ball on a 24 foot pole that I run down from the top while straddling the roof crown. This time I'm going to try and talk #2 son, the hero-slash-firefighter, into getting some much-needed roof experience, but I doubt if he will be sold on the idea.
Dan

Ron Sower

Quote from: wallace on April 07, 2017, 12:09:00 PMThis time I'm going to try and talk #2 son, the hero-slash-firefighter, into getting some much-needed roof experience, but I doubt if he will be sold on the idea.

;D ;D ;D ;D Good luck with that...! ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 07, 2017, 12:21:20 PM
Quote from: wallace on April 07, 2017, 12:09:00 PMThis time I'm going to try and talk #2 son, the hero-slash-firefighter, into getting some much-needed roof experience, but I doubt if he will be sold on the idea.

;D ;D ;D ;D Good luck with that...! ;)

Lol....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I've missed you.  How are the Discus and the Dots and the new Bantam chicks?  What does a surveyor do on a construction site?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 07, 2017, 07:09:59 PM
I've missed you.  How are the Discus and the Dots and the new Bantam chicks?  What does a surveyor do on a construction site?

...our where he's at...he'll say "climb".....LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

But shouldn't all of the surveying stuff have been done before it became a construction site?  Climbing is fun but may be not so much if you're carrying a lot of expensive equipment with you.

wallace

Liz I'll try and update the dots and discus pretty soon... what kind of chicks did you get?

A year ago I took a few thousand shots of the ground and made a topographic map with contours. Then I designed a road and drew construction plans. Roads need to be designed very carefully, partly because you need to cut the same amount of dirt as you fill elsewhere along the road so that the volumes balance out. You don't want to run out of dirt or import it by the truckload.

The landowner put the plans out to bid and the contractor wants to start next week...  Now I need to put a bunch of stakes in the ground that direct the heavy equip people where to start cutting... where everything goes, the culverts, the cul-de-sac.

I don't do much construction anymore. I need a mental challenge or I get bored. Pays good though!
Dan

LizStreithorst

I bet a job like that pays good.  You need to know how to do a bunch of different stuff to do a job like that.  I would happily climb. It would make my legs hurt like hell, but it would be a good hurt.  It would be the math involved that would put me in my grave.

I got 11 female and 1 male Light Brahma's and 2 straight run Buff Brahma's from Murray McMurray hatchery  I highly recommend them.  Their chicks arrive healthy and strong.   I bought Light Brahma chicks from them once 12 years ago.   The  conformation is close to the picture on their site.  They're big, they're gentle, they have feathers on their feet, and they lay brown eggs.