• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 07:10:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 636
Total: 636

River on NetFlix

Started by BallAquatics, November 19, 2015, 08:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I've been watching this dark crime drama that's just been airing on the BBC.  Today, I find it listed on NetFlix.  How cool is that?   |^|

https://youtu.be/OEqCDbLMjww

https://www.netflix.com/title/70260350

Dennis

Mugwump

The guy who has a ghost partner...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 08:54:18 PM

He has a whole cast of imaginary friends & enemies.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 20, 2015, 05:17:53 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 08:54:18 PM

He has a whole cast of imaginary friends & enemies.....

Dennis

yep, the imaginary partner was an example....she's cool....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I was very surprised to see it available on NetFlix so soon.  The last episode just aired on the BBC last week.  It would be fantastic if NetFlix makes this a regular thing.....  I can stop working so hard at locating copies of British television programs  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 20, 2015, 05:44:36 AM
I was very surprised to see it available on NetFlix so soon.  The last episode just aired on the BBC last week.  It would be fantastic if NetFlix makes this a regular thing.....  I can stop working so hard at locating copies of British television programs  LOL

Dennis

They have a bunch on there now....'Midsommer Murders' and 'Murdock'......'Murdock' is a great one and over 10=12 seasons available too...
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 20, 2015, 05:54:55 AM
They have a bunch on there now....

Yes their selection has grown by leaps and bounds.  When I first started with NetFlix they didn't even do streaming but they had lots of British crime drama available on dvd.  Stuff like PD James, A Touch of Frost, Taggart.

Back then, you went on-line and made a list of what you wanted to watch.  They mailed you the first 3 discs and as you returned them, they just went down your list and kept sending them to you.  Not as convenient as what they have now, but at the time it was the best thing going.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 20, 2015, 06:05:59 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 20, 2015, 05:54:55 AM
They have a bunch on there now....

Yes their selection has grown by leaps and bounds.  When I first started with NetFlix they didn't even do streaming but they had lots of British crime drama available on dvd.  Stuff like PD James, A Touch of Frost, Taggart.

Back then, you went on-line and made a list of what you wanted to watch.  They mailed you the first 3 discs and as you returned them, they just went down your list and kept sending them to you.  Not as convenient as what they have now, but at the time it was the best thing going.

Dennis

We have Hulu too....some good shows there too... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 20, 2015, 06:10:47 AM
We have Hulu too....some good shows there too... ;D

I'll have  check them out.  I've heard the name, but never been there.  Been doing NetFlix and Amazon Prime.  If you buy much on Amazon, it's a great deal, free shipping and tons of free streaming video too.  Pays for itself in no time.....

Dennis