• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 06:33:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 627
Total: 627

Punnett Square calculator..

Started by Mugwump, October 30, 2015, 11:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Ted Santos posted this over on the TAS forum site....Thanks, Ted  |^|

"" No pheno-genotype calculator? No problem

Here's an alternative and a great way to learn how to use a punnett square to predict a cross's results. It may look a little intimidating at first but it's a matter of getting used to it. A better way would be to join TAS - you'll get our calculator for free during your membership period.""

http://scienceprimer.com/punnett-square-calculator

here's the vid from the site..

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I understand that. It's basic. What I don't know is how to identify the different phenotypes of  my mutts.  It's easier on me to cross purebred to purebred.  I know what to expect that way.  I guess that's why I have to chosen to work on my Blue Silver/Zebra HB cross to make my own Zebra Blue HB's  I know what they are genetically, and I know what to expect, and I know that I have a long row to hoe before I get what I most want.  It will be hard.  When I get there I will have made something special.  They will be mine and mine alone.

I have not seen the first Silver in my Half blacks for a few generations.  I'm as sure as I can be that they don't carry the silver gene, although I know that it will show up because it's the default gene.  I only know how to breed by what my eye tells me and the basics that I know.

I wish I spoke Greek more easily.  I would have written some stuff in Greek if I wasn't full of beer :-[  I resorted to my default language...English.
Always move forward. Never look back.