• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 04:44:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 508
Total: 508

Parasitic worm treatments..? Help.....HELP!!!!

Started by Ron Sower, August 06, 2014, 05:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 10, 2014, 02:33:26 PM
This is a great thread for me. Thanks guys & gals!

I contacted Greg Sage who recommended Levamisole which he  treats his tanks with on a preventative maintenance basis and has no problem with the parasitic worms. I got some from him that arrived yesteday.

Today I removed my fish from the buckets and placed them in several tanks that I have established. I figure this is good because using the same nets, siphon tubes, etc in all my tanks there is the strong possibility that I've spread the worms or their eggs to them as well. So I'm going to treat all my tanks as if they were infested.

I'd do the same.  Levamislole is an excellent wormer.  I prefer the stuff I mentioned because it's a little easier on the fish.

Tomorrow morning, as he says to do, I will do a water change in each tank and treat again. Then hopefully they will be okay at least until I return from vacation. My buddy down the street, who is also a fish keeper, will check in on them while I'm gone, and let me know if anything seems amiss.

I will post later how things went.
Always move forward. Never look back.