• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:23:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 584
Total: 584

How long?

Started by LizStreithorst, December 09, 2014, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

How long are appliances supposed to last.  I only got 4 years out of my washer and dryer and 6 1/2 out of my fridge.  I'm sure the dogs wish that the fridge would die every day.  Right now they're full of pork chops and Turkey tetrazzini ::)

At least my beer is reasonably cold.  I bought it today and when I discovered the death of the fridge, I set in the shade outside the fish room door ;)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Well they sure don't make em like they used to do......(had to get that out of the way)......but now days I say 10 yrs is very good for washers/dryers. Ours are older, but still purring way. (knock on wood).....a 'fridge' ,again now days, lucky if you get 10 yrs....

I hate to pay someone to guarantee their product, however, we get the 5yrs extended and then have them check it just before that runs out.....then pray for 5+ more years... ;D

We just bought a new fridge, stove, and dishwasher......and they're not cheap...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'd always heard that extended guarantees were a rip off so I've always said no when asked it I wanted one.  I will think about it in the future. 

This time a may get off without having to pay money.  I have a TV that I haven't watched for a year and a half.  My neighbor's grand son needs one, if he hasn't already gone out and bought one. I'm hoping that he will trade a fridge that he has in a shed for my TV. 

Shit always happens just when things start getting better.  I know that it's just a normal part of life, but I'm tired of it >:(

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 09, 2014, 04:58:53 PM
I'd always heard that extended guarantees were a rip off so I've always said no when asked it I wanted one.  I will think about it in the future. 

This time a may get off without having to pay money.  I have a TV that I haven't watched for a year and a half.  My neighbor's grand son needs one, if he hasn't already gone out and bought one. I'm hoping that he will trade a fridge that he has in a shed for my TV. 

Shit always happens just when things start getting better.  I know that it's just a normal part of life, but I'm tired of it >:(

It gets old quick when junk starts popping up, I agree.....but it gets better.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The extended warranties are only good if you use them to play the game....make em check you stuff, and fix any minor things that arise....then get the once over one more time before it expires....for appliances, the cost is much less than paying a ton for service calls too.. ;D....for other things buying it isn't a really good idea...carpet, etc....yada yada...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 09, 2014, 04:35:13 PM
Well they sure don't make em like they used to do......(had to get that out of the way)......but now days I say 10 yrs is very good for washers/dryers. Ours are older, but still purring way. (knock on wood).....a 'fridge' ,again now days, lucky if you get 10 yrs....

I hate to pay someone to guarantee their product, however, we get the 5yrs extended and then have them check it just before that runs out.....then pray for 5+ more years... ;D

We just bought a new fridge, stove, and dishwasher......and they're not cheap...

You're right. They don't make them like they used to.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Carpets pretty much suck these days.  I don't even think that you can buy a 100% wool one any more.   I could be wrong. I haven't really looked because of my little dogs that would piss on it when it's cold or raining outside ::)

I found a beauty at the junk shop right down the road from me here in the sticks.  It's an oriental.  12' x 16' I looked at it and thought that it looked like the real thing.  I flipped up the corner and sure 'nuff it was made in Egypt :o :o :o :o :o  You can't buy that any more the way things are in the middle east.  It was pristine.  They were asking $100. for it.  But I couldn't buy it just to let it be ruined.  The owners of the shop didn't even know that it was Egyptian ::)  Somebody with good taste will get a deal and a half.

wsantia1

That oriental carpet sounds like a great deal. I wish I could drive by and pick it up. ??? ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.