• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 01:33:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 575
Total: 576

Another Friday.....

Started by Mugwump, June 01, 2018, 07:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....cool morning here........70's today?.....we'll see... |^|

...the local area town events begin this weekend with 'Malta Days' just up the road about 5 miles....a fair, craft sales, food, car show, amusements/rides, etc.....these are really good events for just roam'n around and grabbing some eats....yada yada......many have fantastic food choices too.....sweet corn, bbq pork chops or chicken.....etc...MMMMmmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...good morning...

...warm and sunny again today... couldn't sleep last night...couple rounds with reflux...not fun...and this morning I'm feeling puny...I'd planned to start on cleaning out and reorganizing my shed which needs it badly, but just don't feel like starting it...it'll be a two day project...

...meanwhile...I got on a chat line with the group that is starting up this new club and there was a lot of heated banter back and forth and deletions of posts on the FB page...not a nice situation...2 of the 5 of us that were moving forward with it have dropped out...KIDS...they really don't understand how to stay level-headed and calm in a tough situation sometimes...those that depend on social media for their communication are missing something I think...but that's what today is all about I guess...

...The main leader guy is okay and has good ideas and I support him...but he let some things get out of control and went against some advice I and others gave him, and left himself open for shots at him...I think I'll stand by him because he and I want the same things in an aquarium club...we'll see how Sunday's meeting goes...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 01, 2018, 12:26:26 PM
...good morning...

...warm and sunny again today... couldn't sleep last night...couple rounds with reflux...not fun...and this morning I'm feeling puny...I'd planned to start on cleaning out and reorganizing my shed which needs it badly, but just don't feel like starting it...it'll be a two day project...

...meanwhile...I got on a chat line with the group that is starting up this new club and there was a lot of heated banter back and forth and deletions of posts on the FB page...not a nice situation...2 of the 5 of us that were moving forward with it have dropped out...KIDS...they really don't understand how to stay level-headed and calm in a tough situation sometimes...those that depend on social media for their communication are missing something I think...but that's what today is all about I guess...

...The main leader guy is okay and has good ideas and I support him...but he let some things get out of control and went against some advice I and others gave him, and left himself open for shots at him...I think I'll stand by him because he and I want the same things in an aquarium club...we'll see how Sunday's meeting goes...

...well if dissension and bickering are happening...at least it's good to spot the culprits early...good luck, Ron....imho...stay off the chat and just get things done with meetings....it's always better with everyone face to face.........keyboards are too easy to hide behind.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..it seems that I only accomplished the laundry and a few simple chores............nice day  ;)
Jon

wsantia1

So far a good day. Getting ready to go to the movies with Vikki in a few. She's a movie buff. I tag along. It looks like Book Club will be the show tonight.  :-\
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...started cleaning up a small tank to sell to a friend at Sunday's meeting but stopped in the middle to go lie down...now I've had some soup and been up a few minutes...

...picked up mail and a box of plants was in the mail box..It was written on the box to hold at the Post Office and I had called them and let them know it was coming and he said he would put out a note for here to leave it at the PO...well, the temperature inside was 88...so hope they survive...I was just beginning to like our new carrier...that's gone now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...lately it seems we've had a new carrier every day.....crazy...
Jon