• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:42:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 573
Total: 573

Walmart Greeter

Started by Rjb3, June 21, 2013, 04:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

Once, there was a retired fellow that got a job as a Walmart greeter. He did a wonderful job. The people liked him, his co-workers liked him, his boss liked him. However he was 5-10 minutes late for work every day. Soon he got called to the office. His boss told him how much everybody liked him and all, but he wondered what was up with being late every day. The boss said " Your application says you are retired military. Were you 5-10 minutes late then, too?"  The fellow says " Yes, sir I was." So, his boss says "What did they say to you?"  To which he replied  "Well, they would say 'Good morning Admiral. May we get you some coffee?'"

LizStreithorst

I'd heard it before but had forgotten how it came out.  It's good to hear it again.  Made me smile.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

That's bad....REEEEALLY BAAAAAAD!
But I loved it!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels

Sure pick on the NAvy Guy.......  :P
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Ron Sower

Navy guys are tough...they can handle it!  My Dad was one in WWII.  He was tough to the end of his life!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

My Dad was US Navy at Midway...ran PT boats later in the Solomons...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson