• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 09:31:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 565
Total: 566

Fish Going to the GCCA Swap for sale

Started by EdKaz, November 19, 2014, 02:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

Some GCCA swap meet bound fish.......Have LOTS MORE like these there

Young Pair 1

Young Pair 2 (Johns "favorite" skin type ...Be-Dazzled even)

Young Sunset Koi Pair

Young Pair 4

young Pair 5

Mugwump

I like those Pinoy's, and PB smokey pariabas......very nice...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Number three...My kingdom for number three.  And there a bunch others that I would die for as well.  If I could I would, but I can't so I won't.  Someone will get some fine fish.  I hope whoever buys them does them right.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

I too love number three.  WOW!!!  Nice fish all.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

The forth from the bottom turns me on in a big way, too.  She has a great red eye that really stand's out on the black and her finnage is a work of art.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 19, 2014, 03:55:28 PM
The forth from the bottom turns me on in a big way, too.  She has a great red eye that really stand's out on the black and her finnage is a work of art.

A classic angel.....yep.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2014, 03:58:50 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 19, 2014, 03:55:28 PM

A classic angel.....yep.

She appears to be a wifi and it's nice to see perfectly straight rays in the fully opened dorsal fin.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

And then, there's that pearl scale pair.  Oh my.  I must make myleslf stop looking at these pics.  They make my desires run wild.

EdKaz

Thanks for the compliments and looks all.
The fish all come from some pretty good stock, so my job has been fairly easy....until now

All of these have come from fish I initially bred earlier this year. I dumped piles of smaller fish on a couple local fish stores as I was picking out fish to keep for myself and as I wittled away at the masses. I kept and grew out a "few" from those initial spawns to try to get a good idea of what came outta who.... in what "flavors".......and what they might look like as they mature.

And THAN I WOKE UP..... A few keepers here and there,  led to a few more than a few more and more and more and more.....and as I look around today, I wound up keeping and growing out a few HUNDRED nice looking fish. This one has cool red eyes, that one has a few spots in the "right place", a small assortment of the bedazzled(pearlscale) looking fish, this one has a ton of green, or blue or orange or a neat looking rainbow of colors in the right light or one of my favorites.......... a small handful of a dark blushing nature, that are growing at a slower pace, with whitish bellies that have a kinda PURPLE(?) color to them. (Help me Mr wizard of greek.....WTH might THOSE be?)

I worked my ass off today staring into the tanks and moving fish  into the "gonna go tanks"............and than back out again. ::)  :'(

I was getting NOWHERE............so I took some pictures instead.

Maybe Ill get some more sorted out tomorrow.....shrugs

LizStreithorst

You must keep the lady fourth from the bottom or sell her to somebody who has something as nearly perfect to breed her to.  She is a work of art.

You need to keep the pair in the last pic for yourself.

EdKaz

QuoteAnd then, there's that pearl scale pair.

I got a few more surprise pearl scales around here somewhere. Ill have to see if I can find what I THINK are Pearlscale, Turquoise blushing pinoy paraibas in the mix here, and snap a few pix  for ya to take a gander at. They do have a pretty unique look to them.

I THINK thats what they are anyways..........I'll have to have the "Guru of greek" take a look at em and see what he thinks. Might have to bribe him with some coffee just to take a look at those PEARLSCALES though ;)

LizStreithorst

Number 5 from the top looks like a female to me.  Is it?

EdKaz

QuoteYou must keep the lady fourth from the bottom or sell her to somebody who has something as nearly perfect to breed her to.  She is a work of art.

You need to keep the pair in the last pic for yourself.

THATS exactly how I got to where I am though.
Theres WAY MORE like those here. As well as some pinoy smokeys and pinoy zebras with the same body shape and finnage. Some of their brothers and sisters from another mother have LONG STRAIGHT dorsals  that make me giggle each time I look into that tank.

I DO appreciate the input (and might even yank THOSE you pointed out, back outta the "gotta go tanks")......... I AM having a helluva a time deciding on what to let go... outside the 20-30 I WONT part with.

QuoteNumber 5 from the top looks like a female to me.  Is it?

I SUCK at that guessing game. 50/50 chance Ill get it wrong. If I NEED to know, I have a BIG ole HE male Ive used in the past. He typically lets me know ............QUICK.....and hes RIGHT, EVERY time  :)