• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 05:08:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 800
Total: 800

DIY Aquarium tops/ lids

Started by P4Angels, January 01, 2014, 07:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 02, 2014, 08:37:46 PM
Michelle said woohoo ;D I'll let you know when I'm ready.

LOL......I'm not sure about this weekend, but next weekend might work?? anyway, we'll figure something out....thanks
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

QuoteI think BillT said he made his lids out of that material too???

Yes I did. Its made out of polycarbonate, great stuff. Polycarbonate doesn't warp from humidity on one side like acrylic will either. Its also easy to drill.
The normal sheets from places like home depot is 8 mm thick. I spent a lot of time looking for think, lighter, cheaper material and found it a Gemplers, a greenhouse supply website. With the shipping of a few full sized sheets, it was cheaper than it would have been for the thicker stuff at home depot.(http://www.gemplers.com/product/171480/Twin-Wall-6mm-Clear).

Afterwards I found a local plastic supply place could have ordered it for me and it probably would have been even cheaper.

I like the little hook handle Aron. Nice quick easy cheap solution.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

How's the light diffusion for plants and fish colors?....does it refract somewhat ??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on January 21, 2014, 07:59:34 AM
How's the light diffusion for plants and fish colors?....does it refract somewhat ??

bumping this question.... ;D
Jon

P4Angels

I does some.... but nothing that my 55 planted would notice it.. All the Plants continue to flourish..
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

ok, good to know....I figure the LED's will penetrate fine then...they're more like little spot lights....perhaps I'll do a trial piece/cover to make sure?
Jon