• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 03:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 580
Total: 580

Food for thought.....

Started by BallAquatics, July 23, 2015, 10:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I was reading an article in Microsoft's "Redmond" magazine about the new Windows 10.  At the close of the article the author remarked.....

"Continuum and the Universal Windows Platform?and now the server and cloud infra-structure Microsoft is building out to support
it?promise to make Windows 10 the best anyone could expect. If it turns out Microsoft?s move to keep Windows relevant in the future
isn?t enough, the company?with its strong support for iOs and Android?has prepared itself to live with that. Have you?"

As it was just over a year ago that Microsoft basically "pulled the plug" on a billion business computers that to upgrade Windows was NOT an option, will they do the same with Windows in general at some point in the future?

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 23, 2015, 10:45:13 AM
I was reading an article in Microsoft's "Redmond" magazine about the new Windows 10.  At the close of the article the author remarked.....

"Continuum and the Universal Windows Platform?and now the server and cloud infra-structure Microsoft is building out to support
it?promise to make Windows 10 the best anyone could expect. If it turns out Microsoft?s move to keep Windows relevant in the future
isn?t enough, the company?with its strong support for iOs and Android?has prepared itself to live with that. Have you?"

As it was just over a year ago that Microsoft basically "pulled the plug" on a billion business computers that to upgrade Windows was NOT an option, will they do the same with Windows in general at some point in the future?

Dennis

I think 'Windows', in name at least, will always be around in variations.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson