• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 574
Total: 574

It hits home

Started by GraphicGr8s, July 21, 2015, 10:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

I hope this link works.

Being an older parent I try to spend as much time with Little G as I can. He loves Thomas. I love model trains. He comes up with some fun tracks that just don't work. I try to take time to develop track with him. Reversing Wyes, circles, helixes etc. Takes time from other things but I don't ever want him asking the question in the link. No matter how tired I am.

http://www.littlethings.com/8-year-old-buys-some-of-dads-time/?utm_source=amer&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=shocking
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

A good link, and an important lesson. It's life that counts, and how we live it....kids sometimes see the complicated day to day mumbo jumbo hoops that we jump through in a much simpler way ....and we need to keep in touch with those simpler ways too. It brings us down to a less complicated level....so we can live, and enjoy, the real most important things.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

My son is 45 yrs old...I cherish the memories from back when he was a little guy.  I used to read him a book every night when it was time for him to go to bed..."No matter how tired I was" or even if we had guests at our house.  You will never regret the time lost getting to kick back and relax....the memories are what keep a warm smile in your heart.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

GraphicGr8s

Yeah Pauline, mom reads the book with him. I play trains and cars and whatever else. Most times he just wants to stay in the spare bedroom with me and watch his cartoons. He watches them and I get on this forum. He loves it.
The last few times I was out working in the fish house he's come out there. He plays in some sand I have and buries thing in it while I do water changes etc. He is always where I need to be walking through. So it becomes a game. Yeah. Great times. I'll miss them for sure. Can't wait till the "You don't know anything" phase. Oh boy.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

PaulineMi

When Chris hit the "you don't know anything" phase I used to ask who stole my son and when will he be back?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)