• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:01:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 562
Total: 562

Wish her luck

Started by Rjb3, July 15, 2015, 07:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

Gale is at a meeting right now to see if she is still employed after the 19th of July or not. They want to put her out to pasture. The 20th will be her 58th birthday. What a Happy Birthday present . . .

Wisconsin is a right to work state, now. Thanks to Governor Walker. I've got news for ya. Unions don't just protect the deadbeats. They protect hard working people with three college degrees. Ooops, not in Wisconsin.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on July 15, 2015, 07:38:25 AM
Gale is at a meeting right now to see if she is still employed after the 19th of July or not. They want to put her out to pasture. The 20th will be her 58th birthday. What a Happy Birthday present . . .

Wisconsin is a right to work state, now. Thanks to Governor Walker. I've got news for ya. Unions don't just protect the deadbeats. They protect hard working people with three college degrees. Ooops, not in Wisconsin.

...a buy out??......sometimes those aren't bad.....wishing her luck in which ever she chooses.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on July 15, 2015, 07:52:34 AM
No buy out.

Well that sucks.....they usually flash cash as a persuasion tactic..??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

GraphicGr8s

Boy Jon it really does look like Walker failed his constituents. When did he take office? Wasn't it 2011? Why yes IIRC it was. And the dates on that meme? Hmm seems to be 2012.

How about a little more up to date stuff?

http://host.madison.com/news/local/interactive/economic-growth-how-wisconsin-compares/html_f508b48e-a48f-11e3-a965-0019bb2963f4.html

or

http://www.alec.org/wp-content/uploads/RSPS-WI-15.pdf

Hell at least your not in NY.

http://www.rga.org/homepage/gallup-810-top-states-for-job-creation-led-by-republican-governors/
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on July 15, 2015, 08:08:50 PM
Boy Jon it really does look like Walker failed his constituents. When did he take office? Wasn't it 2011? Why yes IIRC it was. And the dates on that meme? Hmm seems to be 2012.

How about a little more up to date stuff?

http://host.madison.com/news/local/interactive/economic-growth-how-wisconsin-compares/html_f508b48e-a48f-11e3-a965-0019bb2963f4.html

or

http://www.alec.org/wp-content/uploads/RSPS-WI-15.pdf

Hell at least your not in NY.

http://www.rga.org/homepage/gallup-810-top-states-for-job-creation-led-by-republican-governors/

I believe it's a poster to oust him.......I'm sure Bob has many fine words to describe Wisconsin's governor... ;D.....however, I'll bet they all are expletives....??....yuppers....
Jon

ilroost

Rjb3

She's done. There's no job for her after the 19th. It all started with a sore knee. A second meniscus tear. She was placed on light duty for three months. Now, they say there's no more light duty work. Her doctor told her your employer will not dictate when I do surgery to replace your knee. I guess he doesn't realize her health insurance goes with the job and she won't be able to see him anymore..... Obamacare here we come.

She is going to love retirement though.

LizStreithorst

Well, that sucks.  Sorry for the rotten luck, My Captain.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

It's okay. It was and still is a rotten place to work anyway. We have a plan but we weren't exactly ready. I'll keep ya posted.

Now that she's off work, she can go with me to Iowa to my speaking engagement, and she has a few gardening classes she's going to teach coming up. All that stuff was on work days, but now with no work she can do other things.

Plus, she can collect full retirement benefits and work a full time job if she wanted to. Kinda like I did. Paying for the healthcare is going to be a bite in the shorts. I've invented a new Floating fish food that nobody knows about. Ooops, I guess they know now. LOL I'm launching it in Iowa along with Red/Green and Fry Frenzy. It will help supplement the healthcare costs.

Mugwump

I'm sure it will work out just fine for you folks. I believe she's, also, eligible for partial unemployment, while/if she looks for other work. Go the their office and ask....really. They'll factor out the retirement benefits, and pay her a percentage. 

What's nice now is that she's free to pursue all the other things that she's always wanted to do...... ;D

I know it seems to suck at the moment, but it's a blessing in disguise....enjoy.
Jon

Rjb3

wiggs

Good luck Gale, Just keep busy so you don`t get bored. That was the hardest thing for me I was so used to working that I had to fine things to do. I paced a lot at first, now I work my crochet, sew, play with my birds and help Jon with the fish. I was thinking of taking some classes of some kind just to get out and about. I did take a knitting class last year but I found out I don`t like to knit so I didn`t take any more of them. Well I sure that you also find time for a new book?  Maybe?   :D

Jan

Rjb3

Gale has an interview today with a company that electronically monitors inmates. Right up her alley. Fingers crossed.