• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 01:32:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 45
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35

Pleco surprise....!

Started by Ron Sower, February 09, 2016, 12:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...I'm betting that you're seeing more now....gonna move some around to other tanks?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Yep! You're right about that!  Papa's been fanning another batch for several days again!

The tank is so heavily planted I can't see all of them! I have no others to put them in. I'll get what I can and take them to the meeting auction this Tuesday night!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 04, 2016, 11:53:52 AM
Yep! You're right about that!  Papa's been fanning another batch for several days again!

The tank is so heavily planted I can't see all of them! I have no others to put them in. I'll get what I can and take them to the meeting auction this Tuesday night!

LOL...bet your plants are clean... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Except nearest the light at top!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I guess there have been wigglers there a day or two now. First peak at them way in the back indicates a lot of albinos.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 10, 2016, 09:27:17 AM
I guess there have been wigglers there a day or two now. First peak at them way in the back indicates a lot of albinos.

LOL..........t'is spring... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Congrats Ron. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 10, 2016, 09:38:07 AM

Congrats Ron. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Thanks, but I have no place to grow them out! I'm beginning to see a fish shed in the way, way distant future... ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Yesterday I did a large WC and later all the little snots that Papa was holding in the cave were out all over the glass...!
Last night I was noticing how fat one of the Mama's is and this morning, before daylight, I checked the cave and the back end of it is jam-packed with golden eggs! They just won't quit!

I've been feeding zukes and cukes the last few weeks.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 14, 2016, 09:26:33 AM
Yesterday I did a large WC and later all the little snots that Papa was holding in the cave were out all over the glass...!
Last night I was noticing how fat one of the Mama's is and this morning, before daylight, I checked the cave and the back end of it is jam-packed with golden eggs! They just won't quit!

I've been feeding zukes and cukes the last few weeks.

...ya got em going now.....LOL
Jon

Ron Sower

yeah...a veritable pleco factory!! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 14, 2016, 03:18:42 PM

...you make enough from them for a couple nice porterhouses.....quite often too ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on March 14, 2016, 03:36:20 PM

...you make enough from them for a couple nice porterhouses.....quite often too ;D
you mean to say that people willactually BUY them???!!!   ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 14, 2016, 05:16:54 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 14, 2016, 03:36:20 PM

you mean to say that people willactually BUY them???!!!   ;D

..of course.... |^|.........lots of pet stores will take them, and pay too.....really, how long can you give them to your friends before they catch on...LOLOLOLOL
Jon

Ron Sower

I'm trying something....Several years ago I accidentally left a BN out in a tub with some Java fern on a piece of Mopani wood. In the dead of winter I went out and knocked the ice off the wood and brought it inside. On the underside there was the BN.

So, I'm mailing some plants in an exchange with a club member. I put in 3 of the little snots with some water in the plant bag. I want to see if they survive the trip.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron