• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 01:13:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 616
Total: 617

Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, June 06, 2022, 09:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's another sad one.  Some time between yesterday afternoon and last night at Tink's medication time she disappeared.  I didn't even notice that she was missing until I got her pills and treat ready.  She was nowhere to be found.  It was almost dark by then so except for turning on the outside lights and looking around the yard for her there wasn't much I could do.  This morning I took the scooter out and looked everywhere I could get to.  But she never went far.  She went out to pee and poo and walk around just a bit then would come back in and go to sleep.  I don't think she just up and died because she was doing as well as could be expected.  She was always in the kitchen when I was cooking and always got excited about her fancy breakfast I used to make for her.  I wonder if the fox could have gotten her.  She would have been almost as easy a target as a chicken.

Today I'm going to do a WC on the office tank and make a couple of shipping boxes.  I have an order going out tomorrow and another Wednesday.

I hope everyone's day goes better than mine.  At least it's a pretty day here.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Liz, I hope Tink shows up today...I hate to see you lose her like that....

Our meeting was a small group yesterday...37-39 ppl... usually 65-85....5 of our council members couldn't be there and we're wondering if gas prices kept some ppl home...gasoline is over $5.10 here now...the auction was good...I filled in as the auctioneer...I kept them laughing... ;D ....our speaker was a local guy whose topic was Weaponizing Your Aquarium Against Algae...the summary is "load you aquarium with fast growing plants if you're using high light...

We're going to see Top Gun: Maverick this afternoon...so last night we watched the original Too Gun for a "preview"...looking forward to the new movie,,,I don't think we've been to a movie theater in 5 years!...

Again, Liz, I hope Tink shows up today...

Have a good day, folks...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Oh no Liz. I am so sorry to hear about Tink. I am very hopeful that she returns on her own or someone finds her and returns her to you. We all know how much she means to you.

It is a beautiful day here with the temp at 80 degrees with a 12 mph wind blowing in. The humidity level is very low making this my kind of day to spend outside.

There's not much else for me to say. I am just hoping for the safe return of Tink. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thank you gentleman.  I know she won't show up or be found.  She never went farther than the front yard.  I've come to believe that the fox got her.  The fox has found a place where it can get a good meal without much difficulty.  In a way it's a suiting type of death.  God only knows how many bunny rabbits she killed and ate.  The name of my farm is Full Circle Farm.  She lost her life the same way she lived it.  She was a hunter and a hunter got her.  Full circle.  Dust to dust and all that.

Yes, it's sad.  She was doing as well as could be expected.  The day would have come soon enough where her quality of life was such that I would have had to take her to the vet and spend $125. for them to do the job.  That would have been much harder on me.  As it is, her end came quickly.  I think that the best life is one that is lived fully and comes to a quick end.  It's what I'd always hoped for for my own life.  I got the first part of it right.  Unfortunately, I just keep limping along.

I got my boxes made.  These will be the last boxes I'll get to make with the Styrofoam that came off the house that Shaw  and April were enlarging.  That free Styrofoam made a lot of boxes.  Next time I ship I'll have to actually buy a sheet.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everyone, just reading here for the first time today.  But I did call you Liz awhile ago, before I knew about Tink.  I am sorry, but life can be cruel, and she did go Full Circle as you said. 

Everyday now I have to chase the Mallard duck pair out of my pond.  They fly up and over my 6' fence when I go out and yell at them "Get out of my pond".  They poop and leave feathers in the water.  In a small pond like mine there is no place for them to pollute the water  and they scare my goldfish and koi.

It is hot here today but not too bad.  I did some yardwork, then discus tank work.  Now to have my dinner soon, something with zuchinni I just picked.  That is fun.

Ron how did you like the movie?  I liked it so much I am considering going back to see it again.  Willie you need to see it too.  Liz? Dennis and Greg?
Barb

Ron Sower

Both of us loved the movie...I'm so glad we watched the original last night which freshened our memories on the characters...

Tonight I started to jerry-rig some hang-on racks to hang in the back of the aquariums soi can utilize unused space for plants...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron