• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 01:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 524
Total: 524

problems spawning

Started by b125killer, October 16, 2012, 07:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo

Jo

Jdmcfast

Josh

b125killer

Scott

b125killer

I have free swimmers already. That was quick. I'm not to sure daddy was all into the spawn. Last time I had a successful spawn It seemed like for ever before he let them out. I also wasn't ready for him to let them out of there cave yet and didn't have a sponge on the HOB filter. I don't think I lost any there's not that many out yet. I couldn't find my sponge that I use so I cut up a small old net and put the netting around the intake.
Scott

Mugwump

Nice....different spawns do different things...some hatch quick, some take forever...you can most likely shake the rest out and move dad back....got your crushed 'Frenzy' ready... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

Are they big enough for pics?
Jo

b125killer

Yep the frenzy is ready. Sorry Jo they are really small and hard to get a good pic of yet.
Scott

Rjb3

That's great news. Good luck with the new babies.

Jo

I figured they would be, congrats anyway! Can't wait til they are big enough for pics.
Jo

b125killer

I got a good pic of some of the fry. I was cleaning the tank and they all came over to the filter when I was cleaning the intake out. There all doing good so far.

Scott

Mugwump

Yes they are.....LOL...keep slicing the Zuchinni and feeding the 'Frenzy'.....LOL..good batch
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

We alternate between zuchinni and greed beans
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Rjb3

You might also try a baby carrot split in half end to end. They sink on their own and don't foul the water.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 26, 2012, 06:13:40 AM
You might also try a baby carrot split in half end to end. They sink on their own and don't foul the water.

Turns the albinos orange.....LOL
Jon

Rjb3

Yep, great source of beta-carotene. Gives them something to chew on, too.