• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:15:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 510
Total: 510

dinner time

Started by ilroost, December 13, 2012, 06:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

love me some cucumbers

Mugwump

good pic....mine fight over it..so I add two....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

don't know why the photo came out twice?
jon did you read on the other forum about the guy who feed his some cucumbers from walmart and it killed them all?

Jo

That is a cool pic! Love the holder too!
Jo

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on December 13, 2012, 06:29:01 PM
don't know why the photo came out twice?
jon did you read on the other forum about the guy who feed his some cucumbers from walmart and it killed them all?

Yep,I know Jim personally..my guess is, that being a machinist, he either didn't wash his hands well or cleaned his hands with solvent, and then cut up the cucumber....I PM'd him to ask, but haven't heard back yet....while I get mine from a local grocer, I can't understand how one Wally World cucumber could do that...it had to get contaminated somewhere along the line...?? There'd be sick people all over the news if it was Wally World...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

you know i was wondering about that. that is where i get all my cucumbers from. had me a little worried

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on December 13, 2012, 07:02:28 PM
you know i was wondering about that. that is where i get all my cucumbers from. had me a little worried

I don't know either....stranger things have happened tho...??...next time he and Kitty are by, I'll pry the whole story out of him....LOL...Jim's a good guy....they went for a Sunday drive on his bike one time and he texted me a pic of the Minnesota state line....LOL
Jon

PaulineMi

Cool picture.  What is the holder?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

i have a few of those holders, i got them at a swap a few years back. never have seen them again

Jo

How long do you leave the cucumber in the aquarium?
Jo

Mugwump

Quote from: Jo on December 19, 2012, 08:49:09 AM
How long do you leave the cucumber in the aquarium?

When you see the rind only, or it starts breaking apart...pull it out..
Jon

Jo

Thank you! I wasn't sure if it would foul tank if left in more than overnight.
Jo

ilroost

like jon said when you see the rind only. with the big pleco's i got thats only over night. lol

Mugwump

Just a quick note here..... you get the fattest Zuchinni/ cucumber that you can find, then slice them a bit thicker...1/2" or so..they last a little longer.
Jon

Jo

Thanks Jon! Good to know
Jo