• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 503
Total: 503

My new babies!

Started by Mir, November 03, 2012, 06:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mir

Hey all, sorry I've been sorta inactive for a while. Lots of homework... Dx

Here are my cute new BNs I got from Josh at the auction. (It was hard to resist waiting the whole time there and getting some gorgeous giant guppies and colored ramshorns, but I didn't have room for anything else!)

The ride home:

In the temporary tank:

They didn't want to eat the food I put in there for them originally (algae wafers then greens and a cucumber slice) so I put in this glass ball from one of my other tanks (which was covered in real algae) and they loved it! It was cool to see through the ball to see how it magnified them on the other side.

(This one is camera shy, ran away when it saw I was filming it. They are hard to get pics of since they always stay in their little hide)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Mugwump

nice pick up....BN's are great little creatures.....and addicting...hehe....so many varieties..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Very cool.  Good fish.

Tell me about that globe.  I like it a lot.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mir

Liz: I just found it at my thrift store. I have another one with a flower in it! :) That used to be the theme of all my tanks a while back but now I've gotten more so they no longer all have cute glass orbs in them.

But I'm thinkin this one I should put in the other ten gallon once I fix it up for my betta.

<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

ilroost

very nice mir. you will love them they are fun to watch eating a cucumber slice.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mir on November 03, 2012, 07:49:29 PM
Liz: I just found it at my thrift store. I have another one with a flower in it! :) That used to be the theme of all my tanks a while back but now I've gotten more so they no longer all have cute glass orbs in them.

But I'm thinkin this one I should put in the other ten gallon once I fix it up for my betta.

You are quite creative, Mir.  I wish I could find an orb or two with inbedded bubbles.  I'm not much on tank decoration, but I could put something like that in a BB Discus tank.  The dang thing would be nothing to clean. It would add a bit of interest.   I will look for them.  I bet I don't find them.  I'm not a good shopper.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

they look nice. You'll like them they are a wonderful little fish. 
Scott

Mir

I didn't want to make a whole new thread just to post a pic so I will update this one. :)

lol. earlier this morning I put a whole cucumber slice in the tank, and when I come back now it looks like this! That was pretty quick for only two little pleccies! :)

They are in with my betta right now and this one seems to have become very interested in my betta's house I made him and taken it as his own cave! When I took the pic he was erecting his fins pretty big like he was defending his house - and his snack - from Charlie and my camera lol. They've gotten a lot less shy now. <3
<3 Miranda

Mugwump

Nice...they do like their snacks.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Cute!  What does your Betta house look like?  Is it that shell or some glass??
Barb

Mir

It is those little glass stone/marble thingies glued together as a wall and then spiral shell columns and a flat shell roof. :) I'll try to post a pic in a sec.
<3 Miranda

Jdmcfast

I'm glad to hear they are doing good for you. Thanks got the update
Josh

Mir

Thanks Josh :) I was wondering.... what age/size do yours usually get their bristles? You think these two are girls or will they still develop?

Here are more pics, Barb.

<3 Miranda

Mugwump

They should be big enough to tell....males get bristles started pretty early...at 2"+, you can tell for sure....you might have two females if it isn't noticable now..
Jon

Jdmcfast

They should be of age to tell but not 100%. You wanted 2 of the same sex correct? yea I believe they should both be female. :)
Josh