• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 03:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 531
Total: 531

Longfin? Second opinion

Started by Jdmcfast, October 25, 2012, 11:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

Thank you for sharing this if you notice I asked for LFBN (long fin bristle nose) and was told that is all you had. Hence my confusion to receive short fin which you have denied until recently with responding with " if short fin was bagged then it was" thank you for naming yourself as the seller as I was reluctant to do so until recently when you have reduced yourself to calling me names.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

Jdmcfast

Pay special attention to the Aug14th communications

Josh

Mugwump

Just my thoughts....if this thread becomes a platform for discourse between you two gentlemen, I appreciate it if you'd take it private...via email or PM's.....otherwise 'poof'...it's gone....it's not a court room here, ya know....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

I understand Jon that is exactly why I chose to keep his name out of it in the first place. My reasons for posting in the first place was to get a second opinion because honestly it wasn't all adding up to me. But as far as I'm concerned I got the proof I needed.

Josh

wkndracer

Quote from: Jdmcfast on October 28, 2012, 01:09:54 PM
Thank you for sharing this if you notice I asked for LFBN (long fin bristle nose) and was told that is all you had. Hence my confusion to receive short fin which you have denied until recently with responding with " if short fin was bagged then it was" thank you for naming yourself as the seller as I was reluctant to do so until recently when you have reduced yourself to calling me names.

Every email has been in my face since 9/1 and it took awhile before frustration set in.
Never in hiding to begin with but this thread made it public.
PLZ re read the full text of my first email after receipt because denial is in the eyes of the reader. The visual hang up on the sent male doesn't change the fact he's LF third generation.
Repeatedly tried to explain that. ALL the fish sent were in that linked post, no switch no devious BS. Comments on breeder condition upon receipt have driven more than one person off the forums.

16 exchanges pre sale and hanging on one of these?
14Aug12 jdmcfast - Do u have any adult females? /
Reply ? only have LF brown in young adults right now

14Aug12 jdmcfast - Do u have 2 females and a male? /
Reply - no reply sent

14Aug12 jdmcfast - Do have a trio you could sale? /
Reply - Trio of LF browns (1M,2F) is 45 and 15 shipping needing a larger box.

This one was much closer to the sale.
27Aug12 jdmcfast - Do you still have a trio of LFBN for sale?/
Reply - Browns yes. Just had another spawn swim out of the cave and it looks to be 50/50 brown and albino on the fry.
28Aug12 jdmcfast - Sweet I will take them!

I made sure to include the spawning pair which included what you keep fussing over as short fin and also at the time the male in best condition.
It continues to be ignored that the male is 'het' for the LF gene and you'll get up to a 50/50 mix both albino and brown and a mix of LF, standard and anything in between. These fish throw longer fins than any I have ever owned. The starting comments tagging fish as LF was in my replies and I continue to explain it time and again. The other male was in very rough shape and all these fish are LF whether 1 is expressing or not.
You can pair shorties until the world ends and not get LF off spring. That fish would throw LF even paired with a true shortie.

Properties on my photos and TAFF II puts public ID out here name or no name anyway.
That's why the rest of the story with nothing more to explain when not listened too.

done and gone.

Mugwump

This thread is locked until the thermo reactor cools.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson