• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 07:05:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 484
Total: 485

Bn varieties

Started by Mugwump, October 18, 2012, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I asked the same question on Catfish....what types of Plecos to folks have here

I have

Albino
Albino blue eyed
Wild caught std
Albino long fin
Std brown
Spotted
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

I have albinos, brown, spotted, brown spotted longfins, calico.

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Jo

I have 7 of the albino long fin bn plecos. Love them!
Jo

Rjb3

Albino sf + lf
Brown sf + lf
calico sf
Wild ancistrus sp.
L-200
L-201
L-333

Forgot Moonlight plecos. Don't remember the L number, but they're dark almost black with tiny light blue spots.

Mugwump

Hey Bob, that L333 is pretty close to a L066 isn't it??...And the L201's are gorgeous....nice
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Yep. The 66's have wider stripes. Used to have all the tigers. Now just 333. 

201's are black with white spots.
200's are drop dead gorgeous.

Mugwump

Due the 333's breed easier than the 66's?....have bigger spawns?...I know the 66's are a pain to spawn, and don't have big spawns, nor decent survival rate...
Jon

Rjb3

I sold off my breeding groups and just kept a few 333 babies. Neither are difficult to spawn. Food, caves, water changes . . .  You know the drill. The 333's did like it warm. 80+

P4Angels2

We have standard BN's albino longfin and regular albino

b125killer

I have
standard Bn's
albino BN's
Spotted Bn's
I got 2 L201 I'm not to sure how to sex them. Hope I have a male and female So i can breed them. 
I also got 1 albino sailfin pleco in the big tank.
Scott

Mugwump

Here's a link to the infamous "Planet Catfish" site...it's good for finding, and comparing those elusive 'L' numbers.....

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/numbers.php?mode=l&thumbs=16
Jon

Frank The Plumber

Albino bristlenose
Dwarf brown bristle nose
albino blue eyed longfinned L144's
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Frank, are your L144's breeding yet?......
Jon

JR

Just got me a pair of Albino LF. My first pair just thought they where neat.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

BillT

Other than the L-#'s which I know are different species, are all these different mutants in the same species of fish?