• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 08:42:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 754
Total: 755

Da poor boys....

Started by Mugwump, January 15, 2013, 09:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

The boys are at the vet for a timely snip...poor guys, but...we really don't want them spraying or getting the urge....seems too quiet around here without the 'demons'...but I'm sure they'll make up for it when we bring them back home.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Good move Jon.  We used to have this huge tom named Clifford.  He was quite the cat about the neighborhood!  He was a golden blond color and looked just like a little lion out in the yard sunning.  Well alas, some bozo shot him during deer bow season.  It shattered his hip and traveled along his side before exiting about the middle of his rib cage.  He made it home and then to the vet.  A stainless steel rod and several months of rehab and he was almost as good as new.  The vet affectionately called him Chester for the character on Gunsmoke.  In the process of all the surgery he was also fixed and stayed pretty close to home for the next ten years or so.  I used to lay claim to owning the most expensive cat in Clark county Ohio.

Dennis

Mugwump

Yep, it's a necessary evil, the snipping. Our first male cat, many years ago, wasn't neutered right away and ruined a nice comfy chair....so ever since....yada yada....and we won't let them run, walks yes, on the lam..no...the neighborhood is safe 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Well, one of the girls from the vet's office called, and all went well and they're both doing fine. Now I can take a deep breathe and relax. The 'demons' are ok..... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 15, 2013, 12:17:30 PM
Well, one of the girls from the vet's office called, and all went well...

I would think that would depend on which side of the snipping you were on!   :o

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 15, 2013, 02:18:17 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 15, 2013, 12:17:30 PM
Well, one of the girls from the vet's office called, and all went well...

I would think that would depend on which side of the snipping you were on!   :o

Dennis

LOL...I sure hope that their 'meow's' aren't higher pitched.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

If they knew that one day the snip might save their lives they would be thanking you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

The demons are back home now. They did well, but are still a touch groggy...eyes as big as saucers too......think stoned.... ;D....they're both in my lap right now, soaking up some TLC...demons, but nice demons too.....(sometimes)
Jon

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

I'm glad the demons are doing good. Maybe the they will calm down and not scare the poop out of me the next time i'm over. LOL
Scott

Mugwump

They played pretty hard this morn'n...maybe too hard, they've been napping a lot since noon, or so.....I expect a resurgence of activity here shortly.... 8)
Jon