• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 01:28:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 504
Total: 505

Anyone local to No. Illinois..

Started by Mugwump, September 13, 2014, 01:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

Thanks for the heads up Jon. I'm in the market for a few tanks

Mugwump

That's a decent price too.... ;D...plus he said 'obo'...???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

Yeah I was shocked by the price. I don't need that many though just a 75, couple 10's, and that 5. I do need a couple 29's but he didn't have any of those listed. I'll wait for petco's $1/gal sale if I have to

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 13, 2014, 02:26:36 PM
Yeah I was shocked by the price. I don't need that many though just a 75, couple 10's, and that 5. I do need a couple 29's but he didn't have any of those listed. I'll wait for petco's $1/gal sale if I have to

Snag the RO unit too, if you can...??..or just take em all and sell/trade em off somewhere??
Jon

JC

I've never messed with RO. So not too sure how it works or if it would work for me

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 13, 2014, 02:42:30 PM
I've never messed with RO. So not too sure how it works or if it would work for me

50/50 blend tap/RO....lowers the tds's, etc....
Jon

JC

Do you have to add anything to it?  I've heard you have to add minerals (?) to RO water otherwise your fish will die

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 13, 2014, 03:23:49 PM
Do you have to add anything to it?  I've heard you have to add minerals (?) to RO water otherwise your fish will die

Heck no..........just adjust the blend that's all....20/80...30/70.....yada yada...I've heard of some water doing a PH bounce....but if you blend, and age...the bouncing is over before you use it...I've done it here and no issues with Ph or anything.....just do a trial to adjust your own needs......
Jon

JC

What do you mean 20/80, 30/70. What is that?

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 13, 2014, 07:17:47 PM
What do you mean 20/80, 30/70. What is that?

vary your RO to tap water blend....20% R/O-80%tap water....yada yada...
Jon

JC

b125killer

That's how I do my RO water. I blend it to the tds numder of my tanks. Close to 150tds. Then I age it for 24 hours before I use it. That way I can heat it to tank temp too. I don't add anything other than filtered tap water. It's helped outa lot for spawning.
Scott