• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 09:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 531
Total: 531

Square Reader

Started by Mugwump, May 12, 2015, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..I got my 'Square Reader' installed on the new phone ...much easier at the swaps now...and less cash handling.....at least for those that buy using credit cards. It's another option anyway.....cool little tool for sure.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 12, 2015, 03:56:07 PM
..I got my 'Square Reader' installed on the new phone ...much easier at the swaps now...and less cash handling.....at least for those that buy using credit cards. It's another option anyway.....cool little tool for sure.. ;D

I've done a few transactions like that as a buyer. It went real smooth and the merchant was even able to send me a receipt via email.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 12, 2015, 04:23:50 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 12, 2015, 03:56:07 PM

I've done a few transactions like that as a buyer. It went real smooth and the merchant was even able to send me a receipt via email.

Actually it'll show up on your card statement too....best of all, it's free to get one....there is about a $ .02 fee per dollar...but that's cheap too..about $1 per $50, which is more than worth having the tool....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Website says, "Process Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express at 2.75% per swipe. Manually enter card information and pay 3.5% + 15? per transaction."

We use a card reader for all our club stuff anymore but go through PayPal.  Using all their website stuff so it's easier to keep it all at one place.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 12, 2015, 05:45:23 PM
Website says, "Process Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express at 2.75% per swipe. Manually enter card information and pay 3.5% + 15? per transaction."

We use a card reader for all our club stuff anymore but go through PayPal.  Using all their website stuff so it's easier to keep it all at one place.

Dennis

You set it up to put funds where ever you want....mine's in da bank... ;D....and I'd see no reason to enter it manually....ever....card doesn't read, no sale.... 8)...Paypal does have fees too....just checked, they hit me for $1.75 per $50.... :o...the square would hit me for $1.38..

Jon

Mugwump

This thing is neato.....swipe one day, and it's in your bank the next morn'n..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon