• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 07:00:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 700
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 558
Total: 559

Tanks

Started by JR, October 12, 2015, 07:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

The kids and I set up 5 75 gal and 5 20 long tanks yesterday. Next weekend I will have corys and angels in them. Going to start small this time. If it goes well In a few months I will set up the large tanks for Discus.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

Nice of you to make my day even before I've had my coffee.  I've been hoping to here that you were getting back to fish :D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Great news.....Are you doing any planted tanks?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

All 5 of the 75 gal will be planted tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on October 12, 2015, 08:08:25 AM

Nice....don't forget Mark Huffman...he has such good plants at very reasonable pricing...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: JR on October 12, 2015, 08:08:25 AM

Music to me ears. I've got one or two (maybe 30+) of those meself.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

b125killer

That is great to hear. good to see you getting back into it.
Scott

Barb

Welcome back JR, sounds like good plans for tanks, fish and plants.  Where do you plan to get your Discus?
Barb

wsantia1

Welcome back JR. We missed you. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

JR.....glad to hear you'll be back and enjoying the hobby again.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Ron Sower

What kind of plants do you plan to use, JR?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

JR

Thanks all glad to be back. This is what I have going on. I could not help myself I set up all 5 of my 125s They will be my Angel tanks Eco-complete in all tanks but Cory tanks. The 125s  have 2 FX6 on them 75s 1 Fx6 Ea. Getting all my Angel from Angelmania. These are the angels I have picked out Be here Monday.                                          Blue Pinoy Veil WF
Blue Zebra Pearl Scale Rainbow wf
Blue Smokey Chocolate Snake Skin
Platinum Pearl Scale WF
Blue Ghost WF
Order 12 ea
I am setting up all 5 75s Co2 My plants will be
Red melon sword
Amazon sword
Java Fern
Anubias congensis
Baby tears drawf
Flame Moss
Aponogeton Madagascar The plants come from my original Stock The buddy I gave my plants to is going to take care of me on plants.
All the Cory and the Gourami are all from my original stock also. More to come

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on October 14, 2015, 05:12:48 PM
Thanks all glad to be back. This is what I have going on. I could not help myself I set up all 5 of my 125s They will be my Angel tanks Eco-complete in all tanks but Cory tanks. The 125s  have 2 FX6 on them 75s 1 Fx6 Ea. Getting all my Angel from Angelmania. These are the angels I have picked out Be here Monday.                                          Blue Pinoy Veil WF
Blue Zebra Pearl Scale Rainbow wf
Blue Smokey Chocolate Snake Skin
Platinum Pearl Scale WF
Blue Ghost WF
Order 12 ea
I am setting up all 5 75s Co2 My plants will be
Red melon sword
Amazon sword
Java Fern
Anubias congensis
Baby tears drawf
Flame Moss
Aponogeton Madagascar The plants come from my original Stock The buddy I gave my plants to is going to take care of me on plants.
All the Cory and the Gourami are all from my original stock also. More to come

Don't forget the anubias family of plants, very hearty and nice growers in even medium light.
Jon