• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 10:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 725
Total: 725

Hello Friday Again

Started by wsantia1, October 14, 2022, 06:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. After what looks like all an night rain we are drying up and looking at a beautiful fall day here. It is currently 53 degrees and going up to a high of 69 degrees under partly sunny skies with winds at 5 to 10 mph from the NW.

I finally got my full vision back after having my eyes dilated yesterday. It seemed like my eyes never got back to normal after the drops do I was basically useless all day. I have high pressure in my eyes so I get them examined twice a year and every other visit I get them dilated. So far aside from the pressure my eyesight has remained stable and aside from baby cataracts my eyes are considered healthy but they need to be monitored closely.

Today is catchup day so I will be starting off with the water changes and hopefully I'll get to some housework. If I don't get to the house work today I promise to get it done over the weekend.

I'll check in with you all later. Have a great day everyone. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie.  I'm glad you can see again.  I've only had my eyes dilated once.  It's a weird feeling.  You can still see but your sight is way different.  It took a long time for mine to wear off, too.  But I'm lucky as far as my old eyes.  I need glasses but otherwise they are healthy.

I took a poo sample from the damn chicken to the vet for analysis.   I was reluctant to take it in because the last time I took a chicken poo sample in they said it was negative.  The hen kept having terrible loose poo so I wormed it anyway and she was loaded with round worms.  She shit worms for 3 days! 

I told the secretary the story and she said that she'd have a large animal vet check it.  He just called.  The fecal was negative but he said that parasites can't always be seen in such watery poop.  He told me to give her another Panacur worming and bring in another sample if her poop gets normal.  (It does get solid for a couple of days after I worm her but it always goes back to being loose.)  In the mean time he will get something that sounds like metronidazole for her but better.  If that doesn't work he has something else to try.  I'm glad to have an actual veterinarian on the case rather than some tech who just reads the fecal and say's negative.

Then I drove the opposite direction to Ellisville to pick up my pain drugs and go to the local feed store for Charlotte's alfalfa pellets.  I bought another 6 pack of broccoli and one of collard greens.  If I still have some room left I'll plant carrots.  I think their lacy leaves are pretty in a veggi garden.
Always move forward. Never look back.