• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 06:10:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 728
Total: 728

Hello Monday

Started by wsantia1, March 15, 2021, 07:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It looks like we are back in winter mode here with the current temp at 29 degrees but a feels like temp at 19 due to the wind. At least it is sunny and the temp will climb up to 45 degrees this afternoon.

I have a doctor's appointment (foot) this afternoon so until noon I will just putz around in the fishroom. My plan of combining fish did not work out as well as I hoped so I have a couple of beat up angels that need nursing. They are not in real bad shape so it's nothing that melafix can't fix.

Have a great day everybody.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hello folks...it was a great weekend with the daughter and beau in town...really like the beau...they are the same ages that Linda and I were when we met...

...didn't do much fish stuff the last few days...behind on WCs so I'll do some catching up today...going to change out some 5.5g tanks for 20Ls on the shrimp rack and planning to get some Neolamprologus gold shellies...and then add some Julidochromis in with them...I'm gonna reset the 20L in the game room for them...pea puffers gotta go!...

...cloudy here right now and 60F....going to 68 and clouds hanging around all day...tomorrow to apparently...

...Barb, sounds good that you only had chills for a day...

...And Willie, hope you can get that Plantar Fasciitis under control...there are exercises to help that... sorry about the combo job with the angels...does Melafix really work?...

...and Liz...what's up with the pain dropping?...how do you do that, especially when you fist get up?... wfwf

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon, friends.

Ron, it's good that you like the boy friend.  I'm sure your daughter and her are breathing a sigh of relief as well.  As far as the pain, I have no idea how it happened.  I just enjoyed it while I could.  It was just wonderful.  Alas, as expected I'm back to having my normal pain today.  I keep wondering if I should see a pain doctor but if I did I'd have to give up 2 of my important vices.

Willie, I keep thinking that Delaware should be warmer than it is.  I think of it as being almost in the south.  I guess I'm just plain wrong.

I packed up a couple pairs of Rams today and sent them off.  I went to the feed store for Charlotte the horse.  I also got a shedding rake.  She's shedding her winter coat like nobody's business.  It feels good to her when I brush her and get that dead stuff off.  Rather than picking up all the the hair I brush off I leave a lot of it for the birds to build nests with.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I'm back from the foot doctor. He gave me a couple of shots of steroids in the foot, a couple of special shoe inserts and some exercises to do and then I go back and get more shots in two weeks.

He seemed like a very knowledgeable doctor and was referred to my by my primary care doctor who I like a lot. I'm sup[posed to ease into wearing the inserts. No more that 2 hours a day for the first week.

Liz I've been in Delaware for 7 years now and this is the coldest winter yet. We basically have the same weather as Washington D.C.   
Willie

Barb

Hi Everybody!  Willie, good to hear your foot problem is getting fixed. I bet the shots in the foot hurt way more than the Covid shots?  I have had more chills today, but that may be because it is a cool day, can't tell. 

Ron we hope to see a pic or two of your tanks when set up?  You do such a good job with the plants.  Good news on the daughter's beau, maybe your future SIL huh?

Liz, good idea to save the horse hair for birds, they will love it.  Hope your pain goes away again.  It is cool here after a few days of warm.  But not as cold as Willie is having.  Our area really needs rain, all that excess from a month ago is long gone.  I have had to water a lot of plants outside.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on March 15, 2021, 03:55:07 PM
Hi Everybody!  Willie, good to hear your foot problem is getting fixed. I bet the shots in the foot hurt way more than the Covid shots? I have had more chills today, but that may be because it is a cool day, can't tell. 

Ron we hope to see a pic or two of your tanks when set up?  You do such a good job with the plants.  Good news on the daughter's beau, maybe your future SIL huh?

Liz, good idea to save the horse hair for birds, they will love it.  Hope your pain goes away again.  It is cool here after a few days of warm.  But not as cold as Willie is having.  Our area really needs rain, all that excess from a month ago is long gone.  I have had to water a lot of plants outside.
Barb

Barb you are right about the foot shot hurting more that the Covid shot. I also had two shots and the needle was much longer too. The good news is that today my foot did not hurt when I got out of bed for the first time in a month. The bad news is that I have to go back and get another shot in two weeks. huh
Willie