• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:13:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,354
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 821
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 819
Total: 820

Hello Ruesday....

Started by Mugwump, May 16, 2017, 06:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..morn'n everyone......the coffee's wonderful MMmmm.....66deg's out there now and headed for another hot and humid day.....dew point is already in the 60's.... huh

..nothing planned.....nothing.... |^|.....well except for the fry water changes, etc....something else will pop up I'm sure tho.... 8)

more coffee for me....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Busy day planned for today.  If no IT work comes in I'm off to get tags for the 550.  Got it fired up yesterday for the first time in 29 years!  Several issues to still work out with it though.  Front disc brake is hanging up, fuel tank has a small leak around the fill cap, rebuilt carbs will need some final tuning.....

With a bit of luck, I'll be cruising the rural Ohio back roads late this afternoon.  Will probably uncover a hundred other things than need attention and of course I'll need to get after some new tires before any serious riding.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 16, 2017, 06:22:29 AM
Morning all.  Busy day planned for today.  If no IT work comes in I'm off to get tags for the 550.  Got it fired up yesterday for the first time in 29 years!  Several issues to still work out with it though.  Front disc brake is hanging up, fuel tank has a small leak around the fill cap, rebuilt carbs will need some final tuning.....

With a bit of luck, I'll be cruising the rural Ohio back roads late this afternoon.  Will probably uncover a hundred other things than need attention and of course I'll need to get after some new tires before any serious riding.

Dennis

.....yeppers....29years?....those tires are lucky they hold air.....watch yourself...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on May 16, 2017, 06:24:53 AM
....those tires are lucky they hold air.....

Just before we put the bikes in storage, Terri was going to learn to ride the 550 so we put new tires on it.  When I was looking at them yesterday, they still have all the little nubs that stick out on new tires.  I'd bet they don't have more than a couple hundred miles on them.

I'm just going to run them at low speed on the back roads.  One good thing is, they have been in the garage for all these years so very low exposure to the elements.  They don't show ANY external signs of cracking or checking.

My 40+ year old Simpson helmet has self-destructed from the inside out.  It looks like the foam used has simply when away.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Coffee is great today. Weather is sunny and clear. Temps going up to 80.

I finally have all of the fish over here. Only set up 8 tanks. I'll see how long I can manage with those. I did manage to crack a side pane on a 55g. I'll store that in the garage until I decide what to do.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 16, 2017, 06:57:25 AM
Coffee is great today. Weather is sunny and clear. Temps going up to 80.

I finally have all of the fish over here. Only set up 8 tanks. I'll see how long I can manage with those. I did manage to crack a side pane on a 55g. I'll store that in the garage until I decide what to do.

...Morn'n Willie.........only one pane casualty.....you did good |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...aaaarrrrgh...I was awake at 5:30 this morning!...cement guy due here now at 6...where is he?....

...58 right now and only going to 76 today...It's almost COLD here...! 8) 8)

I did manage to crack a side pane on a 55g. I'll store that in the garage until I decide what to do.
...So, Dennis, would you say moving those tanks was litteraly a "pane in the side "?....(and I'm pulling this crap at 6AM? What the hell is wrong with me?) huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 16, 2017, 08:06:56 AM
...aaaarrrrgh...I was awake at 5:30 this morning!...cement guy due here now at 6...where is he?....
I did manage to crack a side pane on a 55g. I'll store that in the garage until I decide what to do.
...So, Dennis, would you say moving those tanks was litteraly a "pane in the side "?....(and I'm pulling this crap at 6AM? What the hell is wrong with me?) huh

LOL....yes, and you called Willie....Dennis .......LOL
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 16, 2017, 08:16:08 AM
...So, Willie, would you say moving those tanks was litteraly a "pane in the side "?....(and I'm pulling this crap at 6AM? What the hell is wrong with me?) huh

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 16, 2017, 08:17:17 AM
...So, Willie, would you say moving those tanks was litteraly a "pane in the side "?....(and I'm pulling this crap at 6AM? What the hell is wrong with me?) huh

Too early for me..... :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

LOL.....been there...... wfwf
Jon

waterboy

Good coffee this morning.
Good day in the fish room yesterday. I did water changes and had three spawns. A BSP and a Silver Ghost Pearlscale, young pair, first spawn.  A Silver and a Silver Veil, young pair, first spawn.  A Blue Ghost and a Zebra Veil, young pair, second spawn. Looks like my spawning drought may be partially over. I still have three pairs of Black Hybrids that I am waiting on to spawn but hopefully they hold off for a while as I only have so many gallon jars.
Off to do the weekly grocery shopping then a few more water changes, then probably a nap.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 16, 2017, 08:17:52 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on May 16, 2017, 08:17:17 AM
Too early for me..... :-\
So I corrected it...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on May 16, 2017, 08:48:52 AM
Good coffee this morning.
Good day in the fish room yesterday. I did water changes and had three spawns. A BSP and a Silver Ghost Pearlscale, young pair, first spawn.  A Silver and a Silver Veil, young pair, first spawn.  A Blue Ghost and a Zebra Veil, young pair, second spawn. Looks like my spawning drought may be partially over. I still have three pairs of Black Hybrids that I am waiting on to spawn but hopefully they hold off for a while as I only have so many gallon jars.
Off to do the weekly grocery shopping then a few more water changes, then probably a nap.

I may have extra gallon jars, if you want them? I like to use the 2 1/2 gal tanks....

Will you be at the swap on Sunday?......I can bring them....
Jon

waterboy

No. No swap for me on Sunday. I don't go to the Chicago swaps.
I did put one slate in a 2-1/2 gallon as I only have three jars and one was already occupied.  Never seemed to have much luck putting them in a 2-1/2 gallon, don't really know why.  They seem to just die off and slowly disappear.
Maybe I will take a couple Gallon jars at the Rockford swap in Sept. if I remember.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.