• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:08:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 593
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 594
Total: 594

Some of the kids that Ed sent

Started by LizStreithorst, July 03, 2014, 04:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I just got my camera back.  Whoopeee!!!

Here are a few of the many.  I'll take a group shot after I wipe down the tank.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They're good enough, but not great.  I'm not in the same category as Pauline.  My point is that Ed's fish are good and have grown well and done well.

wsantia1

The fish I got from Ed are doing great also.  They are certainly greedy and growing like weeds. Sadly I take lousy pictures but I'll try again once I give the tank glass a good cleaning.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Ed's koi's are like little piranhas! I swear one of these time i'm going to pull my hand out missing a few digits. :o One the plus side there growing like weeds.
Scott

LizStreithorst

When I put the little guys into a 30 gallon they looked lost in that huge amount of tank space.  I'm just about to move them into a 60.  It's more space than they need but there's nothing wrong with growing room.

Anybody seen any red pelvic's yet? 

wsantia1

Mine are in a 29.  I'm getting ready to move them to a 40B.  No red ventrals yet but I do have red dorsal and anal fins. ;D 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Nothing yet on mine either but Ed said that he didn't notice the red ventrals until they were a bit larger than ours.

I got them moved to the 60.  They look lost in a huge volume of water once again.

ilroost

Have mine in a 30 long. They are growing like weeds

b125killer

I haven't seen any red ventral either.  I also have a spawn from my koi, they don't seem to have them either.
Scott

LizStreithorst

The red ventrals are somewhere in their genetics.  Even if I don't see any in this batch, it's in at least some of them as some kind of hidden recessive thing.  Even if none of the ones I have express it they are still breeding quality  fish.  Growing them to breeding age and making test breedings is what I will do.  I sure do love breeding when I have a goal.  My problem is in selling the also ran's.  I always think that if they aren't good enough for me, they aren't good enough to sell.  I'm sure I would feel differently if I had a good market locally.  There is nothing here.