• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 06:18:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,359
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 778
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 771
Total: 771

Oh my...

Started by LizStreithorst, March 09, 2015, 02:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My PB Discus fry will turn 3 weeks old tomorrow and really don't need the parents any more.  I moved the parents to the 100 gallon with plants in pots, driftwood, snots, buggers, the Beta, and Pearl gouramies.

I have never ever known Discus to be aggressive toward these types of fish before. But this pair is actively hunting them.  All the other fish in the tank are in hiding.  I'm hoping that this is because the Discus had been in with their kids and are in protective mode.  If this goes on for another day or two, I'll have no choice but to find put the Discus in a tank where they can do no harm.  I sure hope they come to their sences.  I was sure looking forward to seeing the Discus swim peacefully back and forth while the little guys were out and about doing their thing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 09, 2015, 02:33:21 PM
My PB Discus fry will turn 3 weeks old tomorrow and really don't need the parents any more.  I moved the parents to the 100 gallon with plants in pots, driftwood, snots, buggers, the Beta, and Pearl gouramies.

I have never ever known Discus to be aggressive toward these types of fish before. But this pair is actively hunting them.  All the other fish in the tank are in hiding.  I'm hoping that this is because the Discus had been in with their kids and are in protective mode.  If this goes on for another day or two, I'll have no choice but to find put the Discus in a tank where they can do no harm.  I sure hope they come to their sences.  I was sure looking forward to seeing the Discus swim peacefully back and forth while the little guys were out and about doing their thing.

Wow, ...but they should settle down soon....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The Pearls are out and about as are the buggers.  The Beta is venturing out.  The snots are still in hiding.

PaulineMi

Have they all settled in now?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

The Discus are no longer hunting but the snots and Beta are still keeping a low profile.

PaulineMi

Can't be too careful.  ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)