• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 07:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 852
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 788
Total: 788

Japanese Puffer...

Started by Mugwump, January 12, 2015, 06:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

A small Japanese puffer fish is the creator of one of the most spectacular animal-made structures. To impress the female puffer fish, the male labors 24 hours a day for a week to create a pattern in the sand. If the female finds his work satisfactory, she allows him to fertilize her eggs. She then lays them in the middle of the circle, leaving the male to guard the eggs alone.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That is so cool.  Amazing!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 12, 2015, 09:03:11 PM
That is so cool.  Amazing!

...it blew me away too....it caught my eye and I just kept watching it.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Beautiful work there by the little guy!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I want to come back as a female puffer.  Guys work their hearts out building me a lovely home that looks like a flower.  If I like his work, I have my fun and then leave all the hard work to him.  Now that's the life.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 13, 2015, 02:38:46 PM
I want to come back as a female puffer.  Guys work their hearts out building me a lovely home that looks like a flower.  If I like his work, I have my fun and then leave all the hard work to him.  Now that's the life.

Right on Liz.   ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

Looks like a bullseye (presumably to attrach the females).
To they get rid of it after he eggs are laid so predators are not attracted?

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on January 13, 2015, 07:46:46 PM
To they get rid of it after he eggs are laid so predators are not attracted?

I don't know.....but perhaps it's species related and the others wouldn't think a thing of it...???
Jon