• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 09:05:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,342
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 600
Total: 600

Whatever Wednesday...

Started by Mugwump, May 30, 2018, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....rain on/off.....likely the rest of the day too.....thunder boomers around noon  huh.....we'll see.....

..the nice neighbor lady sent over a couple big slices of pineapple upside down cake for us.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

..so what's up gang ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have chosen and paid for my Discus from Chicago Discus.  They will be shipped Monday for Tuesday delivery.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 30, 2018, 12:54:16 PM
I have chosen and paid for my Discus from Chicago Discus.  They will be shipped Monday for Tuesday delivery.

Great news.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You know me...I'm afraid that I might die of anticipation before they get here.  It was not easy to choose 4 among the 8.  I was certain I wanted one fish and almost certain that I wanted the second.  When I got stuck I asked the international Discus judge who's opinion I most respect for help.  He picked the 3 fish that he thought were the best, two if which I had already chosen  That left one for me to choose on my own.  I think I made a good choice.

It was much easier to choose fish when I was new and stupid.  I can see it in my chef.  He thinks that they are all outstanding.  I was like that once. It's an innocent state that many people who keep fish stay in.  Nowadays, for me the choosing is work rather than fun.

I'll put the new fish in a 75 in the fish room that I have been saving for them.  I'll watch them for a week or so to make sure that there is no sign of any of the usual illnesses.  Then I will add my own Discus 4 to the mix.  This is not the accepted way to QT Discus but I don't care.  When I mix the two bunches of 4 the fun will begin.  I want my old blue scorpion to choose a handsome young stud.  I'm not sure what my best fish will do.  He still too young to get his tallywacker down but the more I watch him the more I think he's a male.  He will have the choice if two young ladies.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 30, 2018, 02:20:16 PM
You know me...I'm afraid that I might die of anticipation before they get here.  It was not easy to choose 4 among the 8.  I was certain I wanted one fish and almost certain that I wanted the second.  When I got stuck I asked the international Discus judge who's opinion I most respect for help.  He picked the 3 fish that he thought were the best, two if which I had already chosen  That left one for me to choose on my own.  I think I made a good choice.

It was much easier to choose fish when I was new and stupid.  I can see it in my chef.  He thinks that they are all outstanding.  I was like that once. It's an innocent state that many people who keep fish stay in.  Nowadays, for me the choosing is work rather than fun.

I'll put the new fish in a 75 in the fish room that I have been saving for them.  I'll watch them for a week or so to make sure that there is no sign of any of the usual illnesses.  Then I will add my own Discus 4 to the mix.  This is not the accepted way to QT Discus but I don't care.  When I mix the two bunches of 4 the fun will begin.  I want my old blue scorpion to choose a handsome young stud.  I'm not sure what my best fish will do.  He still too young to get his tallywacker down but the more I watch him the more I think he's a male.  He will have the choice if two young ladies.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!

,,,,I know how you feel......but it's a good feeling too.. |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

...raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock...........dark as night......humid and wet.....the plants are going to love this.....

..a few boom booms....Manny's under the recliner....poor guy
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2018, 04:16:18 PM
...raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock...........dark as night......humid and wet.....the plants are going to love this.....

...how about Sassy?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 30, 2018, 06:02:47 PM

...how about Sassy?...

..doesn't bother as much as the past.....she's learned that it's no 'biggie'...
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2018, 06:06:41 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on May 30, 2018, 06:02:47 PM

...how about Sassy?...

..doesn't bother as much as the past.....she's learned that it's no 'biggie'...
|^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron