• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 05:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 738
Total: 738

Happy 7 mos. Sassy...

Started by Mugwump, February 07, 2017, 06:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....Sassy's now 7 mos old....and still growing .... |^|....what a kazoo...... huh

....good grief is she strong !!....and fast too....but she's getting her mellow lovey times which is encouraging.. |^|....then she's a real sweetheart...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Happy 7 months Birthday Sassy. Time sure does fly.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..getting to be a big girl in appearance now....but still a nutcase.... wfwf

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I love the profile of her head in that first pic.  She looks extremely intelligent.  Does her top line swoop downward so dramatically from the front of the loin to the tail or is it just the way she's standing in the pic? 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 07, 2017, 11:09:43 AM
I love the profile of her head in that first pic.  She looks extremely intelligent.  Does her top line swoop downward so dramatically from the front of the loin to the tail or is it just the way she's standing in the pic?

...she's in an anticipation stance....her back end isn't like that at all....look at the far hind leg, you can see it flexed a bit....and the rear legs are slightly spread...

...smart?....yep....very.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I did notice the far hind leg.  I didn't know if it was her usual stance or not.  They want the show dogs to stand like that.  It's an abomination because a dog that stands like that naturally is less sound that one that stands with it's legs square underneath it and a level top line. 

My biggest gripe with the AKC show ring is that too much emphasis is put on the current style.  It should always be soundness first and foremost.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 07, 2017, 11:27:02 AM
I did notice the far hind leg.  I didn't know if it was her usual stance or not.  They want the show dogs to stand like that.  It's an abomination because a dog that stands like that naturally is less sound that one that stands with it's legs square underneath it and a level top line. 

My biggest gripe with the AKC show ring is that too much emphasis is put on the current style.  It should always be soundness first and foremost.

I agree with you 100% Liz. The AKC has ruined the GSD. Thankfully there are still a few breeders that breed for soundness and a level top line is important to achieve that.  2c2
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 07, 2017, 12:09:46 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 07, 2017, 11:27:02 AM

I agree with you 100% Liz. The AKC has ruined the GSD. Thankfully there are still a few breeders that breed for soundness and a level top line is important to achieve that.  2c2

...she's level and so was Abby, they followed the German/Czech breeding ......even our country vet asked if she was Czech....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Amazing.  Your country vet knows more about the breed than I do.  Lucky you.  Vets aren't trained in that.  They learn it on their own time.  Sounds like you've found a good vet.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 07, 2017, 01:53:32 PM
Amazing.  Your country vet knows more about the breed than I do.  Lucky you.  Vets aren't trained in that.  They learn it on their own time.  Sounds like you've found a good vet.

She worked for many years with Doc Witt(Dr Pol) and took over his practice when he got too old, and retired....a nice little red wood building on a dirt road outside town.....good folk  |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Unfortunately, there has been a lot of dog breeding that shouldn't have been done.....

https://youtu.be/J1v0ieLP4KU

Dennis