• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 09:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 611
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 598
Total: 598

Aquabid

Started by JR, June 29, 2013, 12:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

I have never bought fish off Aquiabid. I will be restocking everything in 2 or 3 weeks.  I am interested in some of the cory cats and Gourami that is posted. Can any of you good folks tell me who to buy from and who to stay away from.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Best to review the seller's feedback....that'll tell a lot...I look at high bidding activity too, it usually indicates a responsible dealer/seller....everybody wants some...yada yada....you can throw seller name here, or the aquabid forum....someone might know of them.. Capt'n Bob knows a lot of Cory sellers, you might ask him too, perhaps he can point you towards a good one..??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Go on aqua boards and look around, see who's naughty and nice.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

BallAquatics

I generally just ask a few questions about the auction when I have concerns about a seller.  The better sellers / breeders are usually quick to reply and helpful and knowledgeable about their fish.  The sellers just trying to make a quick buck, not so much.  Knock on wood, I've had very good experiences buying on AquaBid using this formula.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 30, 2013, 06:22:53 AM
I generally just ask a few questions about the auction when I have concerns about a seller.  The better sellers / breeders are usually quick to reply and helpful and knowledgeable about their fish.  The sellers just trying to make a quick buck, not so much.  Knock on wood, I've had very good experiences buying on AquaBid using this formula.

Dennis

Yep, spot on. Dennis....I've done that too...good reply
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

I agree with Mug and Dennis.

I would add that the more obscure the fish is that you are seeking (such as with me, obscure Danio species), the more you should expect the species (or strain) identification to be wrong, depending on its source.
Sometimes these are innocent errors propagated from nefarious beginnings.

I think this would also apply to other places fish are sold.
There are so many kinds of fish now, no one can know them all.

Nevertheless, I like to see pictures on aquabid when I buy fish.