• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 09:53:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 611
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 586
Total: 587

Monday's moans....

Started by Mugwump, July 24, 2017, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....pleasant day here even tho a bit humid from all the rain, etc.    we putz'd and got the bird/sewing room cleaned out...and cleaned up....with the finches now gone, the cages are all outside to be hosed and scrubbed.... |^|.....we're wanting to let #2 son replace some drywall, so we needed plenty of space.... |^|....we'll repaint after the repairs... 8)

I'm guessing that this room, where my 'puter is, will be next... huh...

We have way too much junk still LOL.....so we'll host a garage sale this weekend... |^|....might throw some older tanks out for sale to....need to thin that collection also..

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Lots on your plate, for sure.  You've taken the first step. Hope you're looking forward to the work ahead.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good luck with that, Mugs!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...well stripped down for a shower and looked down and saw a puddle on the floor by the pot.... huh....we'd had a slight drip but I'd tightened up the shutoff connection...now it was piss'n at me....wtf...?....ran down and shut the water off real quick...grabbed my mini pipe wrench and got down to check it out.....balls !...the connection piece had cracked....so I removed the valve and pulled on my pants and ran yo the hardware store..........got a new valve, taped the threads and put it all back together...........'poifect'...  w!w |^| w!w..... |^|....all's well.... |^|

.....always something, huh.....the valve was pretty beat up....must have been the original?.....I replaced the one downstairs after we'd moved in....silly me, should have changed 'em both....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

And here I was thinking that I was the only one who had shit like that happen to!  It sucks, doesn't it?

Take another shower and get in bed and have a good sleep.  I will do the same.  Work for me tomorrow...I hope that a good sleep will help put my silly worries into perspective.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 24, 2017, 07:52:46 PM
...well stripped down for a shower and looked down and saw a puddle on the floor by the pot.... huh....we'd had a slight drip but I'd tightened up the shutoff connection...now it was piss'n at me....wtf...?....ran down and shut the water off real quick...grabbed my mini pipe wrench and got down to check it out.....balls !...the connection piece had cracked....so I removed the valve and pulled on my pants and ran yo the hardware store..........got a new valve, taped the threads and put it all back together...........'poifect'...  w!w |^| w!w..... |^|....all's well.... |^|

.....always something, huh.....the valve was pretty beat up....must have been the original?.....I replaced the one downstairs after we'd moved in....silly me, should have changed 'em both....
AWTEW!  |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...slept really good for a change.... |^|.....
Jon