• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 05:32:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 553
Total: 554

Spawning now....finally!

Started by Ron Sower, October 24, 2014, 02:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I have a trio of angels that are from Aron's stock he sold to Aquariun Co-op. I've had them since they were nickel size I guess. 2 of them have paired off finally. She's been plump for couple weeks and they have been chasing the 3rd one. There hasn't been much cleaning. We'll see how they do with a bunch of corys and 3 rams in there with them. I don't plan to try to raise the fry.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...they'll do fine..........more tanks, more tanks.....tell the Mrs that you can't just let them die, right?...plus not much traveling in the winter months....soooo....you can take care of them.....if you're lucky there will only be a few thousand. hundred.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I say go for it!  Tell your wife to get her own hobby and let you do as you choose with yours. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

There's nothing like seeing a tank full of angel fry. Good luck with them. What kind of angels are they? Any pics?
Scott

Ron Sower

Let's see if these quicky photos can help you identify what types these babies are. Notice that above and behind the eye there is a black marking. Anyone know what that is? Aron, if you pop in here, do you have that in any of your other lines? These parents are siblings.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Looks like I reduced the photos too much. Hang in there with me. I'll eventually get this down.  I'll resize them and post them again!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Effort #2

Hmmmm! nt much better... Any suggestions on using the Razor program? Last time seemed so simple.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I use the 'med' and two pics per post...works fine ;D

Hard to see on those.....looks like silvers, but could be from a wild cross....?????...a little bigger might help... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Let's see how this works. Thanks for helping!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Much better...they look like silvers.....but some 'wild' blood in there too...I wonder if Aron did some wild crosses..???..definitely raised under lowered light conditions...They're beautiful... :D
Jon

LizStreithorst

That's what I thought.  Isn't the black spot behind the eye and the small spots on the body an indication of wild blood?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 25, 2014, 02:04:54 PM
That's what I thought.  Isn't the black spot behind the eye and the small spots on the body an indication of wild blood?

These must have F?? wilds, or wild crosses....I'm thinking Rio Negro with the face shape.....Peruvians have a flatter face...and the Manacapuru/Sta Isabel's don't carry the pronounced spot.....
Aron will know......if from Pete originally....Rio Negros...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'd like to know, too.  I have the eye spot and the little spots on the bodies of most but not all of my HBs.  It's something that I don't want to loose, but if I concentrate on stripeless I will kiss it goodbye, right?