• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 11:39:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 848
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 773
Total: 773

Oh my...

Started by LizStreithorst, June 02, 2017, 03:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Quote from: wallace on June 11, 2017, 11:39:30 AM
You guys have some great looking shiny new toys...

My shiny new toy is 43 years old I'll have you know.  Traded my '62 Chevy II drag car for it back in the 70's.  LOL

Dennis

BallAquatics

Liz must be out burning up the roads as I haven't seen her on here.....

Dennis

wallace

Yep I'd rather shine up an old toy than get a new one. Problem is I spend 90% of my time looking for tools... which is my own fault.

Dan

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 11, 2017, 11:30:04 AM
I bet I'm ahead as I've done my first 100 for the day.....  Had to go for a test ride after the valve adjustments  LOL

Dennis

I love driving her but to be honest I've spent more time admiring her and showing her off.  Everyone is so happy for me.  Everyone loves her style.  I may drive her to Hattiesburg tomorrow to show her off to my Veterinarian and the owners of my LFS.  I'll take the scenic route to the vet's.  Nice empty country roads...I'm going to buy her a vanity tag with her name on it.  It will say PEAMITE. 

Speaking of oil, I don't know if the dealership changed the oil and filter.  The oil looks clean.  I don't know what kind of oil that was used in her either.  There's not a sticker anywhere.  Should I have it changed?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 11, 2017, 01:10:43 PM
Quote from: BallAquatics on June 11, 2017, 11:30:04 AM
I bet I'm ahead as I've done my first 100 for the day.....  Had to go for a test ride after the valve adjustments  LOL

Dennis

I love driving her but to be honest I've spent more time admiring her and showing her off.  Everyone is so happy for me.  Everyone loves her style.  I may drive her to Hattiesburg tomorrow to show her off to my Veterinarian and the owners of my LFS.  I'll take the scenic route to the vet's.  Nice empty country roads...I'm going to buy her a vanity tag with her name on it.  It will say PEAMITE. 

Speaking of oil, I don't know if the dealership changed the oil and filter.  The oil looks clean.  I don't know what kind of oil that was used in her either.  There's not a sticker anywhere.  Should I have it changed?

..If you don't know, then yes I would.....then you'll have a point where you know when it was changed......

here's an answer, and a Fiat 500 forum to boot  |^|

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?6379-Which-Engine-Oil-Grade-Should-I-Use
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 11, 2017, 01:28:18 PM
..If you don't know, then yes I would.....then you'll have a point where you know when it was changed......

+1 on the oil change.  I'd use the oil type and weight that the owners manual calls for.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 11, 2017, 01:34:45 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 11, 2017, 01:28:18 PM

+1 on the oil change.  I'd use the oil type and weight that the owners manual calls for.

Dennis

yup.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's about time I posted pics of the Peamite

Mugwump

...nice ride there Liz....sweeet.....door speakers say it has some good sounds too... (()) (()) (()) (()) (())

..ya gonna get some seat covers?......
Jon

LizStreithorst

The sound is incredable.  This tiny little thing has 6 speakers!!!!

I got a cover for the back.  A customer of mine showed me the one that she bought for her car.  The junk store on the corner had them for $8.  It was the first thing I've seen worth buying at that place.  It's a really well made, clean staying cover.  While I was there I saw bucket seat covers.  I only bought one for the passenger seat where small dogs ride because I didn't think that it would look good.  It looks good!  I'll buy another for the driver's seat tomorrow.  It's not that my ass is dirty.  It's that the little dogs get in from my side and they leave their dusty foot prints on the seat.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 12, 2017, 12:29:55 PM
The sound is incredable.  This tiny little thing has 6 speakers!!!!

I got a cover for the back.  A customer of mine showed me the one that she bought for her car.  The junk store on the corner had them for $8.  It was the first thing I've seen worth buying at that place.  It's a really well made, clean staying cover.  While I was there I saw bucket seat covers.  I only bought one for the passenger seat where small dogs ride because I didn't think that it would look good.  It looks good!  I'll buy another for the driver's seat tomorrow.  It's not that my ass is dirty.  It's that the little dogs get in from my side and they leave their dusty foot prints on the seat.

...good idea.....you can always change a stained seat cover.......not so much with the seat itself.... 8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Two customers asked about the Fiat without prompting today!  I went to the courthouse and applied for a vanity tag with her name on it. 

Now that the die has been cast, do y'all think that the name Peamite suites her?  I asked for other name suggestions on Simply.  My horticulturist friend much prefers "Teenie Greenie, but it's not his car and Teenie Greenie doesn't fit on the tag which only allows 7 letters.  The Simply folks suggested things like JuneBug and SweetPea but I found those names, while good, were not appropriate names for a car belonging to a Mama Bear.  The car is cute enough without a sickeningly cute name, don't you agree?  PEAMITE suggests green and small.  The mite part suggests mighty. 

If you like it, I give all the credit to Chip.  If not, blame it on me.  I'm the one who chose it from one of several names.  I can't wait to drive to Chip's when the tag comes in.  I'll make him stop what he's doing and come out and look at it.  It will make him smile.

Mugwump

|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...works for me.....'green muse' is too big anyway....

Jon

LizStreithorst

That's a killer name but I can't make it work even by shortening it GRNMUSE.  Besides, naming her Green Muse would hurt Charlotte's feelings.  She's been very kind about this so far.  I don't want to push it.  I may be smitten, but Charlotte is my main squeeze.

wallace

This car's name is just 'PEA'..........lol
Dan