• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 693
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 689
Total: 689

Sunday Morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, February 07, 2016, 07:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....up now, and the coffee is superb...MMMmmm....mid 40's today...then the temps crash and snow moves in for a couple of days...

...some putz'n today, few water changes, might clean out the stuff down there that is not used, and just sits and takes up space....if lucky, I'll find something usable...LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning. Coffee sure is good. Cold right now but it's supposed to warm up into the 40s with plenty of sunshine. I'll bet they forgot something in the forecast (high winds maybe? huh).

I have a slow leaker down in the fishroom. After watching it for a few days and thinking about what to do, I will move the fish and drain it. It is a 55, but only has 6 Blue Marble Angels and a couple of Sydno Petrocolas in it.

There is at least one pair of the BMs. I'll will drop them in a 20H. The other four I will squeeze into a 40B that only has cories in it right now.

I need to find out where that leak is so I can seal this tank and get this tank back in service ASAP. I am all out of spares and there is no dollar per gallon sale going on at the moment. huh huh huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pot #2....and very, very, very good.....

...I use a rag/paper towels and just keep blotting back to the leak......most are easy fixes....good luck..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Hi all, nothing here but cold, rain and high winds later today.  This would be snow if the temp was a couple degrees lower.  I just got the 3 acres of the old yard cleaned up from the last high wind.  Now I have to start over.  Not feeling too chipper today.
Barb

Ron Sower

Up early today. Lucy's up now, so I'll go share coffee time with her in a minute. Murphy just came dow the hall to make sure I'm here, I guess. He does that lots of times when I'm back here. Doesn't stay, just checks on me and goes back to mama...!

Our contractor finished the work in the kitchen and painted all the ceilings in the kit, DR, FR, and LR. Cleaning up all the dust and aftermath has taken 2 days so far. Plus I"m painting the walls in the kitchen and FR. Started last night and will finish this morning. Making the big push because we're having a group of 11 here for the super bowl today.

Off to get my ''heathen'' cup of coffee now.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 07, 2016, 07:38:39 AM
Pot #2....and very, very, very good.....

...I use a rag/paper towels and just keep blotting back to the leak......most are easy fixes....good luck..

I put a little jar cap underneath where the leak is. It filled up about 1/4 of it in the last 24 hours so it is not much of a leak. I tried to see if it could be coming from water spilling over the top of the tank from the filter/sponges but I don't see anything. I will probably hold off until tomorrow before I do anything.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

Well, let's see. . . .. A little early coffee. Went to try Gale's new trap gun. Then, out for breakfast. Then, I made two small pallets for Gerry's Garden Shop. Dropped in a quick load of laundry. In a few minutes I'll head over to the race shop to dig out the hauler. Sounds like a full day.

Rjb3

While I'm waiting I may beat on a stuck black powder gun with a hammer. I'm evaluating and pricing a bunch of them for someone and one is stuck tight. Better not beat on it too hard.