• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 06:55:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 338
Total: 339

Sunday coffee's good..

Started by Mugwump, January 04, 2015, 05:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....snowed last night, mostly light stuff now.....temps falling fast, and the wind's picking up...well below zero tonight, with blustery, gusty winds...but, I'm sitting here drinking the best coffee..MMMmm
...not much on the agenda here today...clear the walks and driveway...throw a little salt down...then back in to putz a bit......... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is good indeed. Going up to 63 degrees today :o and then the bottom fall out and we get the freezing temps Jon is sending over from N.Illinois ??? ???

Now the the grandkids are safely back home it is safe to leave the door to the fishroom open and do some good water changes. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I'll do them early so I can get out there and enjoy some mild temps before the bottom drops out. 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

We're at our high for the day now...30.  It will going down to 5 degrees, staying frigid all week. The below zero stuff doesn't arrive until Wednesday. 

Enjoy that heat wave Willie.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

The cold is one thing, but what makes it dangerous is those high winds...they'll delay school start times here so the kids don't have to be walking in it.....or standing waiting for a bus...
  I'm not sure that it does much good tho....it's just as cold in the early light as it is the dark...???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 04, 2015, 05:56:32 AM
We're at our high for the day now...30.  It will going down to 5 degrees, staying frigid all week. The below zero stuff doesn't arrive until Wednesday. 

Enjoy that heat wave Willie.  :)

Thanks. Too bad it is accompanied by rain.???:( Supposed to clear up some in a couple of hours.  ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Golly Gee....?????..a plow just went by....LOL....
Jon

Mugwump

I'd forgotten just how much snot runs out your nose when you're snow blowing/shoveling the walks, etc.....LOL....good thing that I always keep those gas station napkins stuffed in my pockets....I might have snot froze my coat zipper shut.......... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2015, 09:33:33 AM
I'd forgotten just how much snot runs out your nose when you're snow blowing/shoveling the walks, etc.....LOL....good thing that I always keep those gas station napkins stuffed in my pockets....I might have snot froze my coat zipper shut.......... ;D
That's gross...even for me!  ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 04, 2015, 10:47:05 AM

It's a well know hazard, that's all... ;D    a natural fluid that has the prosperity to announce itself the moment that you have both of your hands full......'Murphy's Law' .....
Jon

Ron Sower

Our high should be about 48 today with 100% chance of rain. Glad I have all the Xmas decs down and boxed. All I gotta do now is store the rest of the boxes away.

We've been looking for a Chevy Equinox for Miss Lucy and finally found a 2013 model with the right price on it yesterday. Man, can those sales people pull you in and keep you there once you're in the cubicle! They have the techniques down solid. It's been fun for me to observe, having been in industrial sales for most of my working life.

Guess Miss Lucy's gonna sleep in longer this morning so I;m gonna get my coffee now! Later I hope to sell my old 2002 Windstar van to a friend (we call it the fish mobile since I've picked up and hauled so many aquariums in it!). Then I'll do water changes.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2015, 10:55:11 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 04, 2015, 10:47:05 AM

It's a well know hazard, that's all... ;D    a natural fluid that has the prosperity to announce itself the moment that you have both of your hands full......'Murphy's Law' .....
Oh yes! I get that. Murphy lives here! That's our lazy Shitzu's name!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..temps have dropped to 10 degs, and falling rapidly........ ;D.....they're saying that it should drop about another 20 degs....uh oh.... ???
Jon

ilroost

Cold and windy here. But i leave for Jupiter Florida in the morning. I hear it is 82 there today