• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 08:59:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 315
Total: 316

Feeling kind of twitchy

Started by LizStreithorst, December 29, 2014, 02:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm taking another shot at quitting smoking.  I had a nice collection of old butts that I finished the last of in my beer can pipe this morning.  I have an e-cig to get me through, but I know I'll have to wean myself of them, too.  I asked the manager of my Corner Market not to buy the ones I like before I bought the last tin.  It's not a problem for him to not stock them since I'm the only one who smokes them.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good luck Liz, I know you can do it.  Same as I keep telling Diane about what she is quitting.
Barb

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Good luck Liz, I know you can do it! ;D
Scott

JC

Good luck Liz!  Quitting smoking is very hard to do, I've done it twice, but it was the best decision I made

Rjb3

You can do it. I've said that before, and I'll say it again if I need to. If you have any questions, just ask us.

I just checked for my old ashtray with the three cigar butts in it. It's still there. I didn't keep it for any particular reason, but now I refer to it all the time.

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on December 29, 2014, 02:51:04 PM
You can do it girl............ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am not in a good mood.  I don't know if I can do it, but I know that I don't need to have someone who still smokes tell me that I can. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 29, 2014, 07:11:35 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 29, 2014, 02:51:04 PM
You can do it girl............ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am not in a good mood.  I don't know if I can do it, but I know that I don't need to have someone who still smokes tell me that I can.

Liz, I quit for a long, long time.....the only reason that I happened to start again was because 26 years ago July, I quit drinking....I needed a crutch, big time....tobacco did the trick......I've backed off smoking some...and will soon go with the "Vap"....til then..........I'm good.... ;D

now give it up.....capise?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm sorry I bitched you out.  I said I was twitchy.  I will do my best.  What you do or do not do is none of my business.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 29, 2014, 07:26:05 PM
I'm sorry I bitched you out.  I said I was twitchy.  I will do my best.  What you do or do not do is none of my business.

No biggie...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   like I said, I'm good... ;D.....it's just a day at a time.... ;D
Jon

Rjb3

I quit drinking and smoking the same day just because I decided it wasn't good for me.

Ron Sower

I never smoked, so you won't hear me tell you that you can do it, Liz.... ;D But I'm pulling for ya just the same!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 29, 2014, 08:18:37 PM
I never smoked, so you won't hear me tell you that you can do it, Liz.... ;D But I'm pulling for ya just the same!

Same here Liz...... :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 29, 2014, 08:17:34 PM
I quit drinking and smoking the same day just because I decided it wasn't good for me.

I once gave up drinking, smoking and sex.

Worst 30 seconds of my life.

I quit smoking 20+ years ago. After smoking 3+ packs a day. Thinking of starting again though. Guvment needs the money for kids healthcare ya know.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were