• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 01:55:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 166
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

Terrific Tuesday

Started by Ron Sower, October 11, 2022, 10:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Here I am!...last one on Monday and first one on Tuesday...some ppl might say I should get a life! :D But I do have a life already...and it includes my friends here in Mugger's World!  ;)

I had a busy day yesterday and forgot to include that we put one of our rentals on the market with an agent yesterday...that took some paperwork time...actually it was computer work time....we'll be putting the other one on within a month...over th past 5 years these have been fairly good investments for us, but just don't want to mess with them any more...

76 this morning and going to 89 this afternoon...beautiful blue sky right now...

As usual, I have a constant list of to-do's to turn into got-done's...the golf cart tire change and the assembly of Lucy's desk are the 2 major home related to-do items...I need to communicate with a few ppl for aquarium club stuff soon and that might be today...should be, actually...

I hope all of you are doing well and have an enjoyable day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Ron, congrats on selling your rentals, use and enjoy that $$$$$$$$!  I sure would.  I have no property to sell, but I do own everything I have, proud of that feat.

Today sure is terrific for me!  My baby discus from Liz arrived safe and sound this morning, right  on time, 24 hrs after she sent them via UPS!  Well done UPS!  My worries were for naught.  Liz knows how to pack fish, very nicely done.  I see why she sells so may fish on AquaBid these days.  It is so fun to have baby fish again, not counting my thousands of baby Endlers born constantly, which I still like.  Now to get the scared little discus to eat and used to my liquid rock water, but I did mix it 50/50 with pure rainwater for now, until they get bigger.  Most are only 1" big.  I have them in a 20tall for now, plenty big enough for 11 babies.  And will keep it very clean, it is right next to my kitchen sink for ease of wc's, syphon into the sink, refill with the sink sprayer , wrapped in layers of netting to get rid of the tiny bubbles, using 50% rainwater for now.  I always "worry" until I see them eat.  I know they will.

You all have a good rest of Terrific Tuesday.
Barb

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. Hopefully you are all well on this beautiful fall day (75F, Low humidity). I had a busy but great day. First, I went to get a haircut and that always makes me feel good.

I've been identifying things that I am going to take to Saturday's auction. In addition to Guppies, Endlers and Rams I will be bringing some HOB (Aquaclear) filters and maybe a couple of canister filters. I could bring an FX6 but I may need it down the line and it's not that old. This is the first auction I am going to with this club in which I am not bringing Angelfish. Is this the end of my Angelfish ERA? I still have 15 of them happily retired and for now they will stay that way.

I just got back from the park with Kobe and the fall weather is so much better on him. He is back to running around like he is a young dog again but I do have to watch him carefully because he has no on and off switch and will run himself in the ground.

I am not into watching baseball on TV but since my Yankees are in the playoffs I may turn the TV on to their game for a little while. The last time we won the World Series was in 2019, the summer that I retired.

That's it for me. Hope you all have a great night.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.