• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 05:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 852
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 845
Total: 845

Blue marble female......

Started by Mugwump, July 30, 2015, 02:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....passed away this afternoon....fine this morn'n, ate and was active......poof...now gone....???????....no marks or anything.

I tossed her mate in the 130 to see if he'll pair up with anything in there, we'll see I guess......

damn it
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 30, 2015, 02:51:09 PM
....passed away this afternoon....fine this morn'n, ate and was active......poof...now gone....???????....no marks or anything.

I tossed her mate in the 130 to see if he'll pair up with anything in there, we'll see I guess......

Sorry to hear about that Jon. I've had that happen to me too several times. Active and then dead. Heart attack maybe? We'll never know. Is she the mother to my juvies? If so they are doing great.

damn it
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 30, 2015, 03:11:33 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 30, 2015, 02:51:09 PM

Sorry to hear about that Jon. I've had that happen to me too several times. Active and then dead. Heart attack maybe? We'll never know. Is she the mother to my juvies? If so they are doing great.

damn it

Yes...she was the 'prima' female.....but....the male may pair up for a cross back??.....and he is huge....big.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Jon, I can toss one of my females in when I send Jan's dots if you like.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 30, 2015, 04:40:12 PM
Jon, I can toss one of my females in when I send Jan's dots if you like.

Liz, that would be fantastic.... ;D.....thank you... ;D.....happy happy happy..... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Don't be surprised if you have to pull the eggs.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 30, 2015, 04:45:10 PM
Don't be surprised if you have to pull the eggs.

It will be a pleasure.... ;D.....then they can cavort around by themselves a bit.....
Jon

b125killer

Sorry to hear that. I hate it when a favorite fish just ups and dies for no reason. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on July 30, 2015, 06:15:05 PM
Sorry to hear that. I hate it when a favorite fish just ups and dies for no reason.

crap happens......just wasn't ready for this time.....blah !
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have 2 and when I feel like it I'll take pics and you can choose between the 2.  I don't suppose you'd want my left over male, would you?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 30, 2015, 07:22:14 PM
I have 2 and when I feel like it I'll take pics and you can choose between the 2.  I don't suppose you'd want my left over male, would you?

You're really unhappy with them not raising, huh?.....sure.................I'll put him to work and send ya back some fry... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

The fish are good but if they are that stupid I don't want them.  they're not important enough to me to bother pulling.  I've pulled from my HBXBlue Silvers because I'm working toward a goal with them.  I will pull from the Blue MarbleXBlue Clown female pair, too.  I don't have much of a market for my fish so I do what fulfills my desires.

LizStreithorst

Take your pick.  The first is a proven female.  The second hangs around most of the time with another fish that appears obviously male.

Mugwump

...nice.....the 1st one being proven tips the scales.....the second one looks male???
Jon

LizStreithorst

I know she looks kinda like a male but she hangs with another fish that look even more male.  No spawning that I've notice so no proof.

Lets plan on Monday the 10th for shipping.  The dots will still be small but they should be bit enough to handle it.  I'll see if I can't snap a pic of the dots.