• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 05:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 595
Total: 595

Happy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, December 27, 2022, 12:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. The Sun is out, the wind is light and the current temp is 40 degrees. That sounds like a heatwave after what we got over the Christmas weekend. What's crazy is that we will be at 60 degrees on New Year's day. We will have a little bit of rain but not enough to spoil a 60 degrees day in the middle of Winter.

I had to make a trip to the vet this morning because Kobe now has a bit of Kennel cough. It is spreading like wildfire here and he got it from the kennel where he was boarding. huh I needed to get him some antibiotics to fight off any secondary infections that he may get. They also gave Kobe some tramadol for his cough no questions asked. huh He has a better chance of getting drugs than I do. :D 

I haven't started my fishroom work because of the vet visit and some other things and now I feel tired so it is not a good time to start messing around down in the fishroom.

Hopefully all of you are feeling good and are enjoying the change in the weather after what was a rough weekend overall.

It was so bad that Vikki's daughter got stuck in Miami after coming back from a cruise. Her Southwest flight from Miami to DC was canceled and SW tried to put her on a flight scheduled for New Year's day. huh That wasn't going to work. She was able to transfer to an American Airlines flight going to LaGuardia in NYC tonight where she will then take the Amtrak to DC. That's a rough way to end a cruise. huh

Have a great day everybody. mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie and everyone else here. I do hope Kobe will be fine soon.  Is Kennel Cough a bacterial infection?  I have heard of it, but don't  know what it is.  Let us know how he is doing.  It is 26 here at 8am, still cold.  But by New Years day it will be almost 70!  If it is, I plan a drive to the beach and will walk on the beach awhile, next to the water, but no bare feet into it.  I may watch the Polar Plunge folks who strip down to swim suits and run into the water and splash around awhile.  They would have to pay me a whole lot to do that.  They have rescue vehicles and EMT's for when/if people get heart attacks.

I have lost quite a few plants in my yard, they just couldn't take the low teens night after night.  Even ones I covered with blankets have frozen.  Some of these are more tropical plants.  I had a beautiful pink Camellia bush in full bloom, it's normal bloom time, all brown and crispy now.  No snow, just lots of ice on ponds around here every morning.  Hope you all are doing OK, warm and well fed.
Barb

Ron Sower

Good morning, Mugg-Clubbers!....

I don't know where yesterday went! ;D....I spent a large portion of the day taking down our outside Xmas decorations...a lot of sitting down and resting throughout the process!...Lucy had lunch at a gal's house and I thought this would be a good time to start the process...later when she got home, together, we boxed everything and put it away in the shed...New Year's Day we'll take down the inside decor...I'll miss my Santa pic on the wall...reminds me of good times as a kid...

Discus WC today!...tomorrow I'm going to drive to the other side of the city (55 mins) and look at a couple discus that I might want to pick up from a lady whose landlord is requiring her to get rid of her aquariums or move out (I wonder if she read her lease contract well?)...one is a yellow "melon" and the other is a yellow pigeon blood...at least I think that's what they might be called...if I get them, I'll post pics and let you guys set me straight...! :) I'm still wanting some blue diamonds...

Looks like you all over there on the east side of the continent are thawing a little bit...it's 54 right now and it looks like that's what we'll be having thru next Wednesday with clouds and some days of rain, including today...dreary...ugh!...

Yesterday morning the doorbell rang at 9 AM...I was still in pjs reading...it was a neighbor whose dinner we'd been to Monday where I'd mentioned to someone that roof vents had been blown askew in the seasonal monsoons...when I opened the door, he was putting his ladder up to go check out and re-secure the vents!... what a nice fellow to do that...he wouldn't take any money...I'll find out what his likes are and maybe get him something...anyway he informed me that about 25 ridge-capping shingles were gone...I'll need to contact insurance today to see if they will cover replacements...

I get my stitches in my leg out out this afternoon...that will be nice...now it's time to make the rounds to feed the fish...happy aquariuming, friends...  ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron