• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:01:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 761
Total: 761

Calendar of events for swaps, meetings, etc

Started by nix70c, November 12, 2016, 08:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nix70c

Man there is ALWAYS something going on with local fish clubs, they have a knack for scheduling right on top of each other. Some I had never heard of until quite recently. A friend of mine suggested this idea - FishBook, one place you can go to see a calendar of events.

We're still tweaking here and there, and only have a fraction of what's out there on the calendar, but it's a start. The Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/FishBook-212185282550971/ and the direct link to the calendar is http://localendar.com/public/FishBook

Please if you know of upcoming events, meetings, guest speakers, get togethers, whatever. Let us know. We're even putting up holidays and sporting events like the NFL Conference Championships and Super Bowl so those can be taken in to consideration. I think this will be beneficial for everyone involved. Club organizers can make sure the date they want is clear and buyers and sellers can plan where they want to go without digging, everybody wins!

Mugwump

That's a good idea, Alex. A very useful tool for folks.  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Great idea! I'm passing it on to the GReater Seattle Aquarium Society board.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron